上海大徐
商务英语是以适应职场生活的语言要求为目的,内容涉及到商务活动的方方面面。接下来我为大家整理了实用商务英语口语会话,希望对你有帮助哦!
实用商务英语口语会话一:厨房礼节
(Office ambience)
M: Hey, Chen Hao, what happened?
C: Someone ate my lunch! 早上我买了一盒土豆沙拉放在冰箱里。现在没了!
M:Gone? Did you have your name on it?
C:Write your name on the box?是不是自己的饭还不知道呀?
M:外面买的饭,盒子看起来都差不多不少。If you don't have your name on it, 别人拿错是很有可能的呀!
C:那倒是。不过,发生了今天的事, I don't think I'll ever forget to put my name on my lunch.
M:不过这冰箱确实是个大问题。 Sometimes people bring their lunch, and later decide to go out to eat and forget about their food in the frig until it starts to smell.
C:是呀,有两次我看到有东西都发霉了。I just have to throw them out. 得了,别说了,真恶心。
I have to find some lunch.
M:See you later.
C:Hi, Mary, ready to go home? Can I walk with you?
M:Sure. By the way, did you find out who ate your lunch?
C:Oh, yes, I did. It was all a mistake. Brian太忙,让William给他带个沙拉回来放在冰箱里。Brian 去冰箱拿沙拉的时候William还没有回来。他以为我的沙拉就是William替他买的,所以就吃了。
M:原来如此。 But we do need to remind people to observe simple kitchen courtesies.
C:Simple kitchen courtesies? 厨房里还有礼貌呀?
M:当然有呀!For example, if you drink the last cup of coffee, you should fix a new pot for others.
C:我同意。有两次,我想喝咖啡,可是到了厨房看见的是空咖啡壶。I have to make a new pot and wait for a long time to get the coffee ready。
M: Also, it's just good manners to clean up after yourself such as wiping off the counter and throwing away the trash.
C:噢,擦桌面和扔垃圾!这我倒是没有想到,因为在家里这些不是我妈,就是我姐姐做的。不过,Next time, I should pay more attention to it.
M:You also have to remember: keep the refrigerator clean -- put your name on your food and throw away any unwanted food; make a new pot of coffee when you drink the last cup. Throw away the trash, and clean the counter.
C:Thank you, Mary.
实用商务英语口语会话二:介绍顺序
陈豪这个小伙子在ABC美国公司做得不错。今天老板又给他一个重要的\任务。 是什么任务呢? 你听听就知道了。
(Office ambience)
C:Hi, Mary. Do you have a minute? I need your help.
M:Sure. What is it?
C:公司的部几位高层领导人这星期从美国到这里来访问。我的老板让我今天晚上陪其中的一位,Mr. Johnson去参加我们客户举行的招待会。
M:Well, aren't you flattered that your boss asked you to do that?
C:Yes, I am. 不过,去招待会我就得把Mr. Johnson介绍给我们的客户和在场的其他公司的同事。 I 'm not confident that I can do it correctly.
M:It's simple. You need to remember three rules. Rule #1: always introduce people of lesser rank to people of greater rank.
C:把级别低的人介绍给级别高的人。OK, rule #2。
M:Rule #2 is to say the name of the most important person first.
C:噢,先说最重要的人的名字。那Mr. Johnson今天就是最重要的人物了。
M:No, 在你把他介绍给我们客户的时候,他就没有客户那么重要了。
C:那倒是。Without clients we would have no business。所以我得先说客户的名字,再把Mr. Johnson介绍给他们。Mary, 让我先回去练练。一会儿我再来找你。
M:No problem。
M:陈豪,你刚才急忙走了,我还没说Rule #3呢!
C:Rule #3是什么呀?
M:在说了最重要的人的名字后,你该说:I would like to introduce so and so to you。
C:让我试一试。要是客户的名字是Smith,我该说:Mr. Smith, I would like to introduce you to Mr. Johnson。对吗?
M:No, 不对。你应该说:Mr. Smith, I would like to introduce Mr. Johnson to you。要是你把我介绍给Mr. Johnson你该怎么说?
C:我该说:Mr. Johnson, I would like to introduce Mary to you.
M:That' correct。这里的差别似乎很微妙,但是很重要。我们再来复习一遍。
C:OK。 Rule #1,always introduce people of lesser rank to people of greater rank。
M:对,要是我把你陈豪介绍给Mr. Johnson, 我该说:Mr. Johnson, I would like to introduce Chen Hao to you。
C:这已经符合Rule #2: say the name of the most important person first。
M:Rule #3刚才已经说了。OK, you're all set. Good luck tonight and enjoy!
实用商务英语口语会话三:餐桌礼仪
陈豪这小伙子正在和他的同事美籍华人Mary在一个美国餐馆吃午饭。两人正在点菜。
(Office ambience)
C:Mary, 看到菜谱上的汤就让我想起一句英文:"As the ships sail out to sea, I spoon my soup away from me." 不过,我一直没有弄懂这句话究竟是什么意思?
M:Oh, that's a little rhyme that helps children remember the correct way to eat soup.
C:喝汤还有正确不正确的呀? 不就是一勺一勺舀了往嘴里放吗?
M:美国人在正式场合喝汤时有一定之规。"I spoon my soup away from me" means you spoon the soup toward the front of the bowl and then bring the spoon back to your mouth.
C:(若有所思地)用调羹往汤碗的外边舀,然后再把调羹收回来送到嘴边。Why so complicated?
M:这样可以避免勺下面的汤滴在桌布上或衣服上。
C:Mary,let's each order a soup and try it out. I'm hungry, I want a clam chowder.
M:Clam chowder with sea food and meat. It's too filling. 我不饿,要个清汤就行了。
******
(Soup arrives and they start to eat. Sounds of slurping)
M:陈豪,你吃得好香呀! It sounds as if you're enjoying your soup..
C:It's delicious! 味道真好。
M:But I'm sorry to say that slurping is considered bad manners in Western etiquette.
C:听说过西方人喝汤不能有声音。这汤也太烫了。我吹吹再吃。
M:不要吹。 If your soup is too hot, stir it slightly or simply wait.
C:又不能出声,又不能吹。那我就用勺搅动搅动,等它凉一点。
M:陈豪,你注意到没有,我喝的是清汤。我在勺的边上往里喝。而你的clam chowder 里面有肉,土豆等,没法从边上往里放。
C:That's right。我的杂烩里好多东西,没法象清汤那样往嘴里喝。
M:This is a good restaurant. The soup is wonderful, we should come more often.
(Sound of spoon scraping the bowl)
M:Chen Hao,don't scrape your bowl. Just tip your bowl away from you to retrieve the last spoonful of soup.
C:把碗往外抬起一点,让汤都到一边去。Mary, what are the main points that I need to remember?
M:Spoon the soup toward the center or front of the bowl and then bring the spoon back to your mouth; slurping is considered bad manners in Western etiquette; if the soup is too hot, stir it slightly or simply wait; tip your bowl away from you to retrieve the last spoonful of soup.
实用商务英语口语会话四:请客筹备
陈豪是个勤快的年轻人,ABC美国公司的总裁很喜欢他, 正在逐渐给他增加一些任务。陈豪也很机灵,凡是没有把握的事都去请教美籍华人Mary。
(Office ambience)
M:陈豪,你好象很激动,What happened?
C:啊呀,我们的总裁,Mr. Moore,让我明天请两位客户吃晚饭。我知道, 我过去一直是当陪客的,never been a host。I don't even know what to do!
M:Don't worry。当主人主要是要保证晚餐进行得顺顺当当,让客人感到舒适满意。
C:可问题是怎么做。Tell me specifically what to do first。
M:First, of course, choose a restaurant, 找个合适的饭馆呀!
C:哎,我们公司附近不是最近开了一个新饭馆吗? I'll take them there。
M:你呀,最好找一个你熟悉的饭馆,so you can be sure that the food and service will be good。
C:那倒是,否则太危险。I did hear that new restaurant is quite noisy。
M:太吵闹可不行,You need an atmosphere that is suitable for business conversation。
C:有了,我想起了一个非常合适的饭馆。 Mary, would you like to have lunch there with me today to check it out?
M:Thank you. I'd love to be your guinea pig for lunch。我就做一回你的试验品吧!
C:Guinea pig! 请你吃饭还说做我的试验品!
******
C:So, Mary, what do you think? Will this work for the business dinner?
M:It's perfect。对了,既然你现在在这里,你可以认识一下那head waiter,把明天的帐先付了,take care of the bill for tomorrow night。
C:饭还没有吃,吃什么都还不知道,就付钱?
M:没有关系的。你先把信用卡给他,让他印一份,告诉他你要给多少小费,然后签个字,让他们把账单的副本寄给你。
C:But isn't it risky to give someone your credit card?
M:像样的饭馆都有信誉,so it's not risky and it's done all the time。要是你不想先付帐的话,那你当天就先告诉服务员吃完饭后把账单交给你。That will eliminate any confusion over who is paying.
C:That's a very good idea。对了,Mary,既然我们在这里,那我就先定一个比较安静,景色比较好的桌子吧。
M:A wonder idea to request a specific table for tomorrow.
C:Mary,Thank you so much.
M:You're welcome. Next time you'll know that as a host, it's your responsibility to choose an appropriate restaurant, taking care as much as possible ahead of time such as arranging for how to pay the bill and requesting a nice table. Then it will be an enjoyable evening for all.
实用商务英语口语会话五:职场礼节
陈豪刚从大学毕业就在北京的一家美国公司找到了一份工作。今天他收到一张通知,可是里面有一个词他不懂,他只知道让他去参加一个什么训练班。所以他就去请教公司里的美籍华人Mary 。
(Office ambience)
C:Excuse me, Mary, 请问通知上这个词是什么意思呀?E-t-i-q-u-e-t-t-e。
M:Oh, etiquette, 原来是法文,意思是礼节。
C: 噢,原来是要我去参加礼节训练班。 Mary,这词是怎么发音的?
M:E-ti-ket。Q-u是发k的音,而不是发q的音,e-ti-ket。
C:我们来公司工作,又不是来社交,为什么要讲礼节呀?
M:Etiquette is very important to business。一个公司的雇员对客户是不是很客气,有礼貌,这对经营有很大关系。
C:具体地说,这儿说的etiquette指些什么呢?
M:Etiquette is a set of rules that allow us to interact with others in a civilized manner。
C:以文明的方式对待别人的一些原则。
M:具体地说就是treating other people with courtesy and respect and making them feel comfortable with you.
C:嗯,(若有所思地) 对人要有礼貌,要尊敬别人,还要让人觉得和你在一起很自如。
这没问题,I'm always polite and courteous to others。
M:但是,训练班讲的是西方礼节 - western etiquette,和中国的礼节还不完全一样,因为两国有文化差异。
C:这礼节还有文化差异?我得去训练班听听再说。
******
C:嗨, Mary,我的训练班结束了,你那天说的文化差异一点也没错。
M:听起来训练班好像让你开窍啦?
C: 是啊。我那天跟会计室的那金发女郎聊天,聊得很愉快。 结果我问她多大年纪了,她一下子就变得很不高兴,支支吾吾没有回答就走了。
M:Asking someone's age is offensive to an American.
C:参加了训练班才知道不能问美国人年龄的。
M:你办公室里的小王今天早上突然问年薪有多少。美国人认为打听这种私人的事是不礼貌的。我想对有些中国人来说也是不礼貌的。
C:没错。
M:既然你训练班已经结束,我来考考你: Tell me what is etiquette?
C:我来试试。 Etiquette is a set of rules that allow us to interact with others in a civilized manner。
M:And treating other people with courtesy and respect and making them feel comfortable with you.
C: Mary,以后我有问题还会来请教你哟!
M:No problem.
微笑面对一
现在英语已经渗透入各行各业,想要一份理想的工作,一定要学好英语。我在此献上常用的英语口语,希望对大家有所帮助。
日常简单实用英语口语
1.I appreciate John’s helping in time.
我感谢约翰的及时帮助。
2. I bought it the day it was released.
它发行的当天我就买了。
3. I doubted whether the story is true.
我怀疑那故事是不是真的。
4. I learnt that I had passed the test.
我获悉我测验及格了。
5. I will seek from my doctor’s advice.
我将请教医生的意见。
6. Ice cream is popular among children.
冰淇淋深受孩子们的欢迎。
7. I’d like to get this film developed.
我要冲洗这卷胶卷。
8. In a word, I am tired of everything.
总之,我对一切都很厌倦。
9. Let us do it by ourselves, will you?
我们自己做这件事,可以吗?
10. May I know the quantity you require?
请问你们需要多少数量的货物?
11. Nobody has ever solved this problem.
没有人曾解决过这个问题。
12. Our school covers 100 square meters.
我们学校占地面积平方米。
13. People enjoyed the stamps very much.
人们非常喜爱这些邮票。
14. The editor over looked a print error.
这位编辑漏掉了一个印刷错误。
15. The sudden barking frightened Clara.
突然的狗叫声吓坏了克拉拉。
16. The teams are coming onto the field.
队员们都进场了。
17. There is a mark of ink on his shirt.
他的衬衣上有一块墨迹。
18. There isn’t any water in the bottle.
瓶子里一点水也没有。
19. This joke has gone a little too far.
这个玩笑开得有点-过分了。
20. We arrived in London this afternoon.
我们是今天下午到达伦敦的。
21.We can’t go out because of the rain.
我们不能出去因为下雨了。
22. We should make good use of our time.
我们应该充分利用我们的时间。
23. We should save unnecessary expenses.
我们应节省不必要的开支。
24. You may have heard of Birth Control.
你们也许听说过控制人口出生的措施。
25. After a pause he continued his story.
停顿一下之后他继续说他的。
26. As you know, I am a very kind person.
你知道,我是个很和善的人。
27. He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
他不敢告诉我们他的恶行。
28. I can express myself in good English.
我可以用很好的英语来表达自己的观点。
29. I’ll furnish my house with furniture.
我要为我的房子置办家具。
30. It seemed as if there was no way out.
看情形似乎没有出路了。
31. It’s the hottest day I’ve had so far.
这是迄今为止我经历的最热的一天。
32. Mr. Smith is in charge of this class.
史密斯老师负责该班。
33. Mr. Smith taught English at a school.
史密斯先生在一所学校教英语。
34. None of us is afraid of difficulties.
我们当中没有一个人害怕困难。
35. Our school is in the east of Beijing.
我们学校在北京的东部。
36. She really wishes her clock had rung.
她真希望今天早上她的闹钟响了。
37. She teaches foreign students Chinese.
她教外国学生汉语。
38. The question will be settled tonight.
这个问题将在今晚解决。
39. The weight is too much for my height.
相对于我的身高来说,体重太重了!
40. There are mice in Mrs. Lee’s kitchen!
李太太的厨房里有老鼠!
41. There is no one but hopes to be rich.
没有人不想发财。
42. There’ll be some sport reviews on TV.
电视上会有一些体育评论。
43. This company is our regular customer.
这家公司是我们的老客户。
44. This is a good example of his poetry.
这是他诗作的一个好例子。
45. What we read influences our thinking.
我们所阅读的书本会影响我们的思想。
46. Words can’t express what I felt then.
无法用语言形容我当时的感受。
47. You really have an ear for pop music.
你确实对流行音乐很有欣赏力。
48. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
手艺差的工人总是抱怨工具不好使。
49. Can you adapt yourself to the new job?
你能适应新的工作吗?
50. Does the computer ever make a mistake.?
计算机出错吗?
51. Don’t be uneasy about the consequence.
不必为后果忧虑不安。
52. Even a child can answer this question.
即使小孩儿都能回答这个问题。
53. He has many strange ideas in his mind.
他脑子里尽足奇思怪想。
54. He is commonly supposed to be foolish.
他是公认的傻瓜。
55. He sat with his arms across the chest.
他双臂交叉于胸前的坐在那里。
56. He set up a fine example to all of us.
他为我们树立了一个好榜样。
57. His cake is four times as big as mine.
他的蛋糕是我的四倍大。
58. I do not care whether it rains or not.
我不管天会不会下雨。
59. I have a lot in common with my sister.
我和我姐姐有很多相同之处。
60. I haven’t even touched your tooth yet.
我还没有碰到你的牙齿呢。