豌豆大晟
泰戈尔作为亚洲第一位获得诺贝尔文学奖的作家,是印度文学史上的一座丰碑,对印度近现代文学影响深远而巨大。下面是我带来的泰戈尔经典 英语诗歌 ,欢迎阅读!泰戈尔经典英语诗歌篇一 The rain has held back for days and days, my God, in my arid heart. 在我干枯的心上,好多天没有受到 雨水 的滋润了,我的上帝。 The horizon is fiercely naked---not the thinnest cover of a soft cloud, not the vaguest hint of a distant cool shower. 天边是可怕的赤裸――没有一片轻云的遮盖,没有一丝远雨的凉意。 Send thy angry storm, dark with death, if it is thy wish, and with lashes of lightning startle the sky from end to end. 如果你愿意,请降下你的死黑的盛怒的风雨,以闪电震慑诸天罢。 But call back, my lord, call back this pervading silent heat, still and keen and cruel, burning the heart with dire despair. 但是请你召回,我的主,召回这弥漫沉默的炎热罢,它是沉重尖锐而又残忍,用可怕的绝望焚灼人心。 Let the cloud of grace bend low from above like the tearful look of the mother on the day of the father's wrath. 让慈云低垂下降,像在父亲发怒的时候,母亲的含泪的眼光。 泰戈尔经典英语诗歌篇二 When the heart is hard and parched up, come upon me with a shower of mercy. 在我的心坚硬焦躁的时候,请洒我以慈霖。 When grace is lost from life, come with a burst of song. 当生命失去恩宠的时候,请赐我以欢歌。 When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest. 当烦杂的工作在四周喧闹,使我和外界隔绝的时候,我的宁静的主,请带着你的和平与安息来临。 When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner, break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king. 当我乞丐似的心,蹲闭在屋角的时候,我的国王,请你以王者的威仪破户而入。 When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one, thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder. 当欲念以诱惑与尘埃来迷蒙我的心眼的时候,呵,圣者,你是清醒的,请你和你的雷电一同降临。 泰戈尔经典英语诗歌篇三 That I want thee, only thee---let my heart repeat without end. 我需要你,只需要你--让我的心不停地重述这句话。 All desires that distract me, day and night, are false and empty to the core. 日夜引诱我的种种欲念,都是透顶的诈伪与空虚。 As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light, even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry---`I want thee, only thee'. 就像黑夜隐藏在祈求光明的朦胧里,在我潜意识的深处也响出呼声--我需要你,只需要你。 As the storm still seeks its end in peace when it strikes against peace with all its might, 正如风暴用全力来冲击平静,却寻求终止于平静, even thus my rebellion strikes against thy love and still its cry is---`I want thee, only thee'. 我的反抗冲击着你的爱,而它的呼声也还是--我需要你,只需要你。 泰戈尔经典英语诗歌篇四 This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart. 这是我对你的祈求,我的主--请你铲除,铲除我心里贫乏的根源。 Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows. 赐给我力量使我能轻闲地承受欢乐与忧伤。 Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service. 赐给我力量使我的爱在服务中得到果实。 Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might. 赐给我力量使我永抛弃穷人也永不向淫威屈膝。 Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles. 赐给我力量使我的心灵超越于日常琐事之上。 And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love. 再赐给我力量使我满怀爱意地把我的力量服从你意志的指挥。 泰戈尔经典英语诗歌篇五 Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high; 在那里,心是无畏的,头也抬得高昂; Where knowledge is free; 在那里,知识是自由的; Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls; 在那里,世界还没有被狭小的家国的墙隔成片段; Where words come out from the depth of truth; 在那里,话是从真理的深处说出; Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection; 在那里,不懈的努力向着“完美”伸臂; Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of deadhabit; 在那里,理智的清泉没有沉没在积习的荒漠之中; Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---Into thatheaven of freedom,my Father, let my country awake. 在那里,心灵是受你的指引,走向那不断放宽的思想与行为--进入那自由的天国,我的父呵,让我的国家觉醒起来罢。
apple13810
泰戈尔,印度伟大的诗人,它的诗歌语言绮丽优美,格式、韵律整饬完美,更重要的是蕴含在诗歌中的对于生命本体和生命归宿的思考。我整理了关于泰戈尔的英文诗,欢迎阅读!
Songs Offerings
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.
And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh
夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。
秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里.
Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.
世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里.
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
世界对着它的爱人,把它浩翰的面具揭下了。
它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻.
It is the tears of the earth that keep here smiles in bloom.
是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不谢。
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.
无垠的沙漠热烈追求一叶绿草的爱,她摇摇头笑着飞开了.
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?
她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。你肯挟瘸足的泥沙
而俱下么?
Once we dreamt that we were strangers.
We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。
我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如暮色降临在寂静的山林中。
小大人
I AM small because I am a little child. I shall be bigwhen I am as old as my father is.
我人很小,因为我是一个小孩子,到了我像爸爸一样年纪时,便要变大了。
My teacher will come and say, "It is late, bring yourslate and your books."
我的先生要是走来说道:“时候晚了,把你的石板,你的书拿来。”
I shall tell him, "Do you not know I am as big as father? And I must not have lessons anymore."
我便要告诉他道:“你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?我决不再学什么功课了。”
My master will wonder and say, "He can leave his books if he likes, for he is grown up."
我的老师便将惊异地说道:“他读书不读书可以随便,因为他是大人了。”
I shall dress myself and walk to the fair where the crowd is thick.
我将自己穿了衣裳,走到人群拥挤的市场里去。
My uncle will come rushing up to me and say, "You will get lost, my boy; let me carry you."
我的叔叔要是跑过来说道:“你要迷路了,我的孩子,让我领着你罢。”
I shall answer, "Can't you see, uncle, I am as big as father. I must go to the fair alone."
我便要回答道:“你没有看见么,叔叔,我已经同爸爸一样大了?我决定要独自一个人到市场里去。”
Uncle will say, "Yes, he can go wherever he likes, for he is grown up."
叔叔便将说道:“是的,他随便到哪里去都可以,因为他是大人了。”
Mother will come from her bath when I am giving money to my nurse, for I shall know how toopen the box with my key.
当我正拿钱给我保姆时,妈妈便要从浴室中出来,因为我是知道怎样用我的钥匙去开银箱的。
Mother will say, "What are you about, naughty child?"
妈妈要是说道:“你在做什么呀,顽皮的孩子?”
I shall tell her, "Mother, don't you know, I am as big as father, and I must give silver to mynurse."
我便要告诉她道:“妈妈,你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?我必须拿钱给保姆。”
Mother will say to herself, "He can give money to whom he likes, for he is grown up."
妈妈便将自言自语道:“他可以随便把钱给他所喜欢的人,因为他是大人了。”
In the holiday time in October father will come home and, thinking that I am still a baby, willbring for me from the town little shoes and small silken frocks.
当十月里放假的时候,爸爸将要回家,他会以为我还是一个小孩子,为我从城里带了小鞋子和小绸衫来。
I shall say, "Father, give them to my d?d? [elder brother], for I am as big as you are."
我便要说道:“爸爸,把这些东西给哥哥罢,因为我已经同你一样大了。”
Father will think and say, "He can buy his own clothes if he likes, for he is grown up."
爸爸便将想了一想,说道;“他可以随便去买他自己穿的衣裳,因为他是大人了。”
云与波
MOTHER, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me--
妈妈,住在云端的人对我唤道——“我们从醒的时候游戏到白日终止。
"We play from the time we wake till the day ends.
“我们与黄金色的曙光游戏,我们与银白色的月亮游戏。”
We play with the golden dawn, we play with the silver moon.
我问道:“但是,我怎么能够上你那里去呢?”
I ask, "But, how am I to get up to you?" They answer, "Come to the edge of the earth, lift up your hands to the sky, and you will be taken up into the clouds." 他们答道:“你到地球的边上来,举手向天,就可以被接到云端里来了。”
"My mother is waiting for me at home," I say. "How can I leave her and come?"
“我妈妈在家里等我呢,”我说,“我怎么能离开她而来呢?”
Then they smile and float away.
于是他们微笑着浮游而去。
But I know a nicer game than that, mother.
但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏,妈妈。
I shall be the cloud and you the moon.
我做云,你做月亮。
I shall cover you with both my hands, and our house-top will be the blue sky.
我用两只手遮盖你,我们的屋顶就是青碧的天空。
The folk who live in the waves call out to me--
住在波浪上的人对我唤道—— “我们从早晨唱歌到晚上;我们前进又前进地旅行,也不知我们所经过的是什么地方。”
"We sing from morning till night; on and on we travel and know not where we pass."
我问道:“但是,我怎么能加入你们队伍里去呢?”
I ask, "But, how am I to join you?" They tell me, "Come to the edge of the shore and stand with your eyes tight shut, and you will be carried out upon the waves." 他们告诉我说:“来到岸旁,站在那里,紧闭你的两眼,你就被带到波浪上来了。”
I say, "My mother always wants me at home in the evening--how can I leave her and go?"
我说:“傍晚的时候,我妈妈常要我在家里——我怎么能离开她而去呢!”
Then they smile, dance and pass by.
于是他们微笑着,跳舞着奔流过去。
But I know a better game than that.
但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏。
I will be the waves and you will be a strange shore.
我是波浪,你是陌生的岸。
I shall roll on and on and on, and break upon your lap with laughter.
我奔流而进,进,进,笑哈哈地撞碎在你的膝上。
And no one in the world will know where we both are.
世界上就没有一个人会知道我们俩在什么地方。
优质英语培训问答知识库