杏仁茶甜甜
英语作为一门语言类的学科,具有很强的实践性。而实践性的表现就恰恰在于我们是利用语言去交际的。我精心收集了有关打篮球的英语对话,供大家欣赏学习!
Wendi: OK, so I wanna ask you who you think is the best player of all time.
Ken: All time?
Wendi: Basketball player.
Ken: Basketball player of all time? Well, that's a no-brainer. It's Michael Jordan. No one even comes close to what he's been doing, or what he did. He's one, what six, five, no five MVPs, six championships, scoring titles every year in the league. He makes his teammates better. By farthe best player to ever play the game.
Wendi: I wanna know who is the, kind of, strongest player right now that you could see filling Michael Jordan's shoes.
Ken: If you've been watching the NBA recently, you've probably heard the name LeBron James. He's probably like 21 right now, but he's already dominating the league. He takes a team and he's carried them to the playoffs, like it's just him, no one else on the team's good. He's done very well for himself.
Wendi: What do you think of the little man that could, Steve Nash from Victoria?
Ken: Steve Nash is amazing. He's everything a basketball player shouldn't be.
Wendi: Really.
Ken: He's short, white, Canadian, floppy hair, but he's a really, really good basketball player. He's making his teammates better. Everybody wants to play with him because he's so good and, you know, he's doing real well in the playoffs right now. Maybe they might win the championship so... I mean, to MVP in a row, go Canada.
Benjamin:
Hey, Terry, have all the players got here?
嗨,泰瑞,大家都到齐了吗?
Terry:
Yeah, most of them have arrived. Don't worry. There are still 20 minutes left before the match.
嗯,大部分人都到了。别担心,离比赛开始还差20分钟呢!
Benjamin:
OK. By the way, the stadium is terrific.
好的,顺便说一下,这体育场真不错。
Terry:
Of course. It's a newly-built one.
当然了,这可是新建成的。
Benjamin:
We are lucky to play in a new stadium.
可以在新体育场里打球,我们真是太幸运了。
Terry:
Hurry up, Benjamin! Pass the ball to me. I'm good at shooting.
加油,本杰明。把球传给我,我擅长射篮。
Benjamin:
Look out. Catch the ball. You should dunk besides the three-point line.
当心,接住球,你应该在3分线旁边投篮。
Terry:
Oh, God! I didn't touch anybody. How can I commit a foul?
天哪!我没有碰任何人,我怎么可能犯规呢?
Benjamin:
Just calm down. It's just a turnover. Make up your mind and we can shoot well.
冷静下来,这只是一个失误。打起精神来,我们能打得挺好。
Terry:
Yes, I got it. Come on, Benjamin, don't let him get into the paint.
嗯,我知道了。加油,本杰明,不要让他进入内线。
Benjamin:
No problem, I once played a 2-meter-high player successfully.
没问题,我曾经成功的防守一个2米高的球员。
Terry:
Really? You must be…
真的吗?你肯定……
Benjamin:
But that game he dunked over me for 13 times.
但是他在我头上射了13次。
Terry:
That's interesting. Let's hurry up, we should beat them in the first half.
真有趣。我们加油吧,我们在上半场打败他们。
Benjamin:
Oh, look, what's happened to Jack? He sat down.
哎呀,看,杰克怎么了?他坐下了。
Terry:
He may be injured. Yes, come on, call the team doctor.
他可能受伤了。是的,快点,叫队医。
May:
Wow, this is drop-dead gorgeous.
哇噻,(比赛)真是太精彩了!
Gucci:
So no more regret now?
那么现在不再后悔了吧?
May:
Don't remind me of that. This would be the last time I cut any classes for a basketball game.
别提醒我这个。这会是我最后一次为篮球比赛而逃课。
Gucci:
Come on. Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy your life.
拜托。别这么为难自己。要享受人生啊!
May:
I just can't help it. Oh, look at Clive, he is really a big hit. They are definitely gonna win.
我就是忍不住嘛。哦,看克莱夫,他真是耀眼啊!他们一定会赢的。
Gucci:
It's only seven minutes into the game, too early to cheer up.
才刚刚开场7分钟,要高兴现在还太早。
May:
Come on, 18 points already, they are never gonna catch up.
拜托,已经领先18分了,对方不可能赶超了啊。
Gucci:
Who knows! It's a long game. Look! That was a really nice shot!
谁知道呢?比赛还长着呢。看,刚才的进球真漂亮!
May:
Thay are coming back to narrow the gap.
对方在拉进比分。
Gucci:
Wait, that guy, I know him. He is just a bench warmer.
等等,那个男生,我认得他。他只是一个“板凳”。
May:
A secret weapon. They'd better set up the defense now.
一个秘密武器哦。(克莱夫)他们现在最好加强防守了。
Gucci:
Clive is ready to explode. Keep your eyes open.
克莱夫要爆发了。把你的眼睛睁大了。
May:
Oh, man! I can't believe it. A slam dunk!
哦,好家伙。我真难以相信。灌篮了。
Gucci:
Good that he resembled his old, quick self.
真好,他总算恢复动作飞快的他了。
玲玲--00
体育英语对话:篮球
篮球运动是1891年由美国人詹姆斯奈史密斯发明的。篮球在1936年柏林奥运会中被列为正式比赛项目。下面是我整理的关于打篮球的英语对话,希望能帮到大家!
Daniel:
So, which sport do you prefer---basketball or baseball?
你喜欢哪种运动,篮球还是棒球?
Sam:
To be honest, I don't really care for either one.
坦白说两个我都不喜欢.
Daniel:
I thought everyone liked basketball. Why don't you like it?
我觉得所有人都喜欢篮球.你为什么会不喜欢呢?
Sam:
I used to play basketball when I was little, and I never scored a goal. Every time I watch a basketball game, I think about how horrible I was at it.
我小时候就打过篮球,但是总得不了分.每次我看篮球比赛的时候都会回想起自己当年多狼狈.
Daniel:
That makes sense.
我明白了.
Sam:
How about you? What's your favorite sport of all time?
你呢?你最喜欢什么运动?
Daniel:
My absolute favorite is ice hockey.
我最喜欢的是冰球?
Sam:
Have you ever seen a live game?
你去现场看过比赛吗?
Daniel:
Sure, many times. It's an exciting game for spectators to watch.
当然,看过很多场.对观众来说这是令人血脉膨胀的比赛.
Sam:
I've never really understood the game.
我从来就没弄懂过这种运动.
Daniel:
It's not that difficult. If you want to watch a game with me, I can explain the rules and the tactics while we're watching.
这一点都不难.如果你愿意跟我一起看场比赛,我就可以边看边向你解说比赛的战术和规则.
Sam:
Thanks, that'd be nice. When's the next ice hockey game on?
谢谢你,那可太好了.下一次冰球比赛时什么时候?
Daniel:
Not for a while, but we could watch an old one on the internet so I can explain the game to you.
还得过一段时间,不过我们可以先在网上跟你看一场过去的.比赛回放,解释给你听.
Sam:
That's a good idea.
好主意.
Daniel:
Let's watch the Canadian team. They have a good manager and a great coach.
咱们看加拿大的比赛吧.他们对的经理人和教练都很优秀.
Sam:
Ok.
好.
Daniel:
Look, daddy is on again. Don't you think he is handsome?
看,爸爸又上场了。难道你不认为他很帅吗?
May:
To some extent, he is. And what do you think we move to a better place? I can't see him clearly from here.
在某种程度上说,他是。我们换个地方你觉得怎样?我在这看得不太清楚。
Daniel:
The seats in the middle of this stadium are great, but they're already occupied by somebody else.
场馆中间的那排位置不错,但是他们已经被别人占了。
May:
Oh, thank you for pointing that. By the way, have you been following NBA for this season?
谢谢你指出来告诉我!顺便问一下,你最近关注NBA本赛季的赛事了吗?
Daniel:
Of course, tomorrow evening there will be a most exciting game.
当然,明天晚上就有一场令人激动的比赛。
May:
Who plays who?
谁对谁呀?
Daniel:
Rockets vs Lakers. Yao Ming, my idol, will appear in front of several hundred million of the worldwide audience.
休斯敦火箭队对洛杉矶湖人队。姚明,我的偶像将会出现在数以百万的观众面前。
May:
It's amazing. And when did he begin to play in the NBA?
太神奇了,他什么时候开始打NBA的?
Daniel:
In 2002. And since then he has attracted more attention than ever.
2002年,自从那时,他越来越受到大家的关注了。
May:
I can't consider you as a little kid any more. I know he is very tall.
我不能再把你当小孩看了。我知道他很高。
Daniel:
Oh, you know something. He is 2.26 meters tall. But he is also nimble and skillful.
你还是知道一些的嘛!他有2.26米高。但是他很灵巧,技术也很棒。
May:
I also heard if a player has committed 5 fouls then he must be out of the game.
我也知道如果球员犯规5次,他就会被罚下场。
Daniel:
Yes, what's worse is he can't take any further part in the game.
是啊,更糟糕的是他不能继续参加比赛。
May:
That's really terrible. Oh, God, we forgot to cheer for Daddy.
那真是很糟糕,天哪,我们忘了给爸爸加油了。
Daniel:
Never mind. After all he is not so attractive as Yao Ming, right?
没有关系,毕竟他没有姚明有吸引力,对吧?
May:
You are always so naughty.
你总是那么淘气。
优质英语培训问答知识库