冒冒爱雨雨
不同的人在进行英语对话时,可能会有不同的聊天方式,聊天的话题也不尽相同。下面是我给大家整理了日常英语情景对话,供大家参阅!
简在家吗?Is Jane at home?
我想和托马斯先生通话。I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。
接线员,我的电话断了。Operator, I was cut off。
我需要打一个急救电话。I need to make an emergency call。
我会再打的。I’ll call back。
他什么时候回来?When will he e back?
请给我接分机605好吗?Can you put me through to extension 605?
如果他不在,请叫他的秘书来接电话。
If he’s not in, please ask his secretary to talk to me。
Making a Telephone Call
Clerk:Good morning. Wilson Association。
Brown:This is Mr. Brown speaking. I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。
Clerk:I’m sorry, but Mr. Thomas left here just a few minutes ago。
Brown:I’ve been trying to call him for the last ten minutes, but your line was busy. Will he be back soon?
Clerk:I’m afraid not. He is away for the rest of the day。
Brown:Is there other way I can reach him?
Clerk:I’m afraid not. He has gone out of this town on business. May I take a message?
Brown:I have a business appointment with him at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning, but I’m afraid I can’t make it。
Clerk:Would you like to make another appointment?
Brown:Unfortunately, I’m leaving here unexpectedly, and I may be away for several days。
Clerk:I see. I’ll tell Mr. Thomas that you’ve called。
Brown:Thank you。
喂!我是汤姆。Hello! This is Tom。
我就是。This is him。
哪位?Who’s speaking?
请稍等,我看他在不在。Hang on a moment, please. I’ll see if he’s in。
莉莉,有你的电话。 Lily, there’s a phone call for you。
抱歉,他不在。Sorry, he’s out。
他现在正忙着呢。He is tied up right now。
对不起,让你久等了。I’m sorry to have kept you waiting。
我把电话给你转过去。Let me transfer your call。
你要跟谁通话?Who do you want to talk to?
Answering the Telephone
Linda:Hello! Who is speaking?
John:Hello! This is John. I want to speak to Linda。
Linda:This is her。
John: Hi, Linda. I’m just calling to invite you to a dinner party tomorrow evening。
Linda:Really? What time and where?
John: 7:30 pm, at Longding Chinese restaurant. I’ll be at your place at 7:00 to pick you up if you need a ride。
Linda:Yes, please. I’ll need a ride. I’ll be waiting for you then。
John: See you tomorrow at 7:00. Make sure you dress a little formally. I heard the restaurant is kind of upscale。
Linda:Thank you. See you then。
John:See you。
K: I want two tickets for The Hurt Locker tonight, please. How much are they?
K:两张今晚《拆弹部队〉的票,请问票价是多少?
T: 50 yuan a piece, but sorry it’s sold out. How about tomorrow night?
T: 50元一张,但是抱歉今晚的票卖完了,明晚怎么样?
K: Fine. Do you have anything in the first five rows?
K:好吧。有前五排的余票吗?
T: Yes. We do have a few seats available.
T:有,正好有余票。
K: Are you free tomorrow night?
K:你明晚有空吗?
J: Yes.
J:有空。
K: Two pieces, please.
K:两张明晚的票。
T: Here you are.
T:给你。
J: What’s the film talk about?
J:这部影片是关于什么的?
K: It is a war film about a United States Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team during the Iraq War. It’s a big box-office hit directed by Kathryn Bigelow5. As the war in Iraq continues, Staff Sgt. William James carries out one of the most dangerous of all military assignments: bomb defusing. While James thrives on the job’s risks, the head of his support team, Sgt. Sanborn, bees increasingly worried by what he feels is a growing recklessness7 of James’ behaviour. Then, we should watch by ourselves.
K:这是一部关于伊拉克战争期间美国军队爆炸物处理小组的战争片。是由凯瑟琳毕 格罗导演的一部电影。伊拉克的战争在继续,陆军上士威廉詹姆斯担负的任务 是军队所有任务中最危险的一种一拆弹。他因一次次涉险成功而意气风发,但 拆弹组负责给他提供支援的军士桑伯恩却愈加忧心忡忡,因为他感到詹姆斯的行 为越来越表现出不计后果的鲁莽。接下来,我们就要自己。
J: OK. Is Kathryn Bigelow your favorite director?
J:好吧。凯瑟琳毕罗格是你最喜欢的导演吗?
K: No. My favorite director is Elia Kazan.He won two Academy Awards for Best Director, for Gentleman s Agreement and On the Waterfront . He was graduated from Yale University’s School of Drama3.
K:不是。我最喜欢的导演是伊莱亚卡赞。他因执导影片〈君子协定〉和〈在水边》 两次获得奥斯卡最佳导演奖。他毕业于耶鲁大学戏剧学院。
J: He is also my favourite director. He also directed A Streetcar Named Desire and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, two of the plays that made Tennessee Williams a theatrical and literary force. He also directed All My Sons and Death of a Sale *** an, the plays which did much the same for Arthur Miller.
J:他也是我最喜爱的导演。由他导演而成为名作的话剧包括田纳西威廉姆斯的欲 望号街车〉和〈玻璃动物园〉以及阿瑟米勒的〈我的儿子们〉和〈推销员之死〉。 这些剧目分别奠定了田纳西威廉姆斯、阿瑟米勒在戏剧界、文学界的地位。
K: For actress, who is your favourite?
K:那女演员呢?你最喜欢谁?
J: My favourite actress is Meryl Streep. She is widely regarded as one of the most talented and respected movie actors of the modem era. She was also graduated from Yale School of Drama. Streep has received 16 Academy Award nominations, winning two, and 25 Golden Globe nominations, winning seven, more nominations than any other actor in the history of either award. Her work has also earned her two Emmy Awards, a Cannes Film Festival award, four New York Film Critics Circle Awards and five Grammy Award nominations.
J:我最喜欢梅丽尔斯特里普。她被公认为是现代最有才华和最受人尊重的演员之 一。她也毕业于耶鲁大学戏剧学院。她获得16次奥斯卡奖提名,两次摘得,25 次金球奖提名,7次摘得。在这两个颁奖礼上她比其他任何演员提名的次数都多。 她同时还收获了两个艾美奖,一个嘎纳电影节奖项,4个纽约影评人协会奖和5 项格莱美奖提名。
K: I am crazy about her.
K:我为她而疯狂。
J: You know, while at Yale she played a variety of roles onstage, from the glamorous Helena in A Midsummer Night’s Dream to an eighty-year old woman in a wheelchair in a edy. “It was immediately apparent,” said then-dean Robert Brustein, “that she was destined for greatness.”
J:你知道吗?她在耶鲁大学时就已经在舞台上扮演了各种各样的角色,从 《仲夏夜 之梦》中迷人的海伦娜到一部喜剧中80岁的坐在轮椅上的老人。"真是立羊见影," 当时的院长罗伯特说,"她注定是伟大的。”
K: I like her film Out of Africa. It seems that we have much in mon.
K:我喜欢她的电影《走出非洲〉。看来我们有许多共同之处。
J: Yes. We are both movie buffs. We enjoy the quite different sound effects and visual effects in cinema. And we are both from Yale School of Drama.
J:对啊,我们都是电影迷。我们享受电影院里非同一般的音响和视觉效果。我们都 来自耶鲁戏剧学院。
小S妈是顾大厨
英语对话是培养学生英语学习兴趣,塑造开放、包容的性格,发展创造性和批判性思维以及锻炼学生跨文化交流意识和能力的关键性环节,为学生后续英语学习打下坚实的基础。我精心收集了初中英语情景对话,供大家欣赏学习!
A:Hi, Kim. Long time no see.
嗨,金姆,好久不见了。
B:I know. I just got back from Tokyo.
是啊。我刚从东京回来。
A:I know you travel a lot. I wonder have you by any chance ever been to Beijing?
我知道你经常去旅行。我想知道你有没有机会去过北京?
B:Yes, I have. Actually, I used to live there. Why?
去过。我以前还在那里住过呢。为什么问这个?
A:I’m going there with my family for a vacation next month. Can you tell me what it’s like there?
我下个月要和家人到那里度假。你能不能告诉我那里怎么样?
B:Well-uh... it’s a very exciting place. As a matter of fact, it’s probably one of the most exciting places I know.
这个嘛,那是个激动人心的地方。实际上,那可能是我所知道的最令人向往的地方了。
A:How about the weather… and the people?
那里天气怎样……人怎么样?
B:The weather at this time of year is usually cool, and in my opinion, the people there are very friendly.
那里现在的天气通常会很凉爽,我认为,那里的人很友好。
A:It sounds like a wonderful place.
这么说那是个非常棒的地方。
B:It is. I’m sure you’ll have a good time there.
确实是。你在那里肯定会度过一段美好的时光。
A:I can’t wait to go.
我都等不及了。
B:Be sure to send me a postcard and take lots of pictures.
别忘了给我寄张明信片来,多拍一些照片。
A:Hi, What’s new?
嗨,最近怎么样?
B:Nothing.
没事。
A:What’s your problem? Why are you mad at me?
你这是怎么了?你为什么跟我生气?
B:What did you have to go and do that for?
你为什么要那样做呢?
A:Do what?
做什么?
B:You know what I’m talking about. Why did you go tell Mrs. Lee how much money I’m going to make? Now she’ll go and tell the whole world!
你知道我在说什么。你为什么要到李小姐那去说我要挣多少钱?全世界的人都会知道了!
A:Well, I’m sorry. I didn’t think it mattered.
噢,对不起。我以为这不要紧的。
B:It does matter. You know how she talks to everybody and their brother! Now the whole town will be asking me for money!
怎么会不要紧!你是知道她的,她会告诉所有的人和他们的兄弟!现在全城的人都要向我借钱了!
A:Well, I apologize. I guess I wasn’t thinking. I got all excited.
我向你道歉。我当时没想到这个。我只顾高兴了。
B:Oh well, it’s done now. I guess it doesn’t matter than much, anyway. They were bound to find out eventually. Everybody in this town’s always interested in gossip.
那好吧,反正事情已经发生了。我想这毕竟也没什么大不了。大家最终也会知道的。这个镇上所有的人都喜欢扯闲话。
A:You know, it is a lot of money for a first job…
你想,你的第一个工作就挣这么多钱也的确......
B:You think I’ll be able to buy a BMW?
你以为我能买一辆宝马车吗?
A:Well, I think you’d better wait and see how much is left after Uncle Sam gets his share!
不过,你最好还是看看等纳完税之后还有多少剩余吧!
A:Actually everybody is really impressed.
其实所有的人都很羡慕呢。
B:I guess it’s not a big deal after all.
我觉得这也没什么大不了的。
A:Any way, I am really sorry. Next time I’ll think before I speak.
不管怎样,我感到实在是不好意思。下次说话一定注意。
A:Excuse me, Kim? It’s getting late, so I’m afraid we’ll have to be leaving.
B:Oh, so early? It seems like you just got here!
A:Well, I’ve got to get up and drive to the airport for an eight o’clock plane tomorrow. We’ve really had a wonderful time, Kim. Thank you very much for inviting us.
B:Say, Sara, why don’t we meet downtown for lunch some day next week? We could talk more then.
A:I’d love to!
B:I’ve heard the Hilton has delicious seafood.
A:Oh! That sounds wonderful. I love seafood.
B:I’ll give you a call later on and we can decide the time.
A:Well, it’s been a fantastic evening. Again, thank you very much.
B:It was my pleasure having you.
A:I’ll look forward to your phone call.
B:Thanks again. Good night.
A:Good night.
优质英语培训问答知识库