幸福人生168
对话一 怀特:I have here our price sheet on a F.O.B. basis. The prices are given without engagement. 这是我们船上交货价的价目单.所报价格没有约束力. 布莱克:Good, if you'll excuse me, I'll go over the sheet right now. 很好.如果可以.我马上把价目单看一遍. 怀特:Take your time. 请便. 布莱克:I can tell you at a glance that your prices are much too high. 我一看这份价目单就知道你们的价格太高了. 怀特:I'm surprised to hear you say so. You know that the cost of production has been skyrocketing in recent years. 你这么说我很吃惊.你知道近年来生产成本迅速上涨. 布莱克:We only ask that your prices be comparable to others. That's reasonable, isn't it? 我们只要求你方的价格能和别人差不多就行了.这个要求很合理.对不对? 怀特:Well, to get the business done, we can consider making some concessions in our price. But first, you'll have to give me an idea of the quantity you wish to order from us, so that we may adjust our prices accordingly. 好吧.为了成交.我们可以考虑作些让步.不过要请你先说明大概要订购多少.以便我们对价格作相应的调整. 对话二Dan Smith是一位美国的健身用品经销商,此次是Robert Liu第一回与他交手。就在短短几分钟的交谈中,Robert Liu既感到这位大汉粗犷的外表,藏有狡兔的心思——他肯定是沙场老将,自己绝不可掉以轻心。双方第一回过招如下:D: I'd like to get the ball rolling (开始) by talking about prices.R: Shoot. (洗耳恭听) I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.D: Your products are very good. But I'm a little worried about the prices you're asking.R: You think we about be asking for more? (laughs)D: (chuckles莞尔) That's not exactly what I had in mind. I know your research costs are high, but what I'd like is a 25% discount.R: That seems to be a little high, Mr. Smith. I don't know how we can make a profit with those numbers.D: Please, Robert, call me Dan. (pause) Well, if we promise future business - volume sales (大笔交易) - that will slash your costs (大量减低成本) for making the Exec-U-ciser, right?R: Yes, but it's hard to see how you can place such large orders. How could you turn over (销磬) so many? (pause) We'd need a guarantee of future business, not just a promise.D: We said we wanted 1000 pieces over a six-month period. What if we place orders for twelve months, with a guarantee?R: If you can guarantee that on paper, I think we can discuss this further.Robert回公司呈报Dan的提案后,老板很满意对方的采购计划;但在折扣方面则希望Robert能继续维持强硬的态度,尽量探出对方的底线。就在这七上八下的价格翘翘板上,双方是否能找到彼此地平衡点呢?请看下面分解:R: Even with volume sales, our coats for the Exec-U-Ciser won't go down much.D: Just what are you proposing?R: We could take a cut (降低) on the price. But 25% would slash our profit margin (毛利率). We suggest a compromise -10%.D: That's a big change from 25! 10 is beyond my negotiating limit. (pause) Any other ideas?R: I don't think I can change it right now. Why don't we talk again tomorrow?D: Sure. I must talk to my office anyway. I hope we can find some common ground (共同信念) on this.NEXT DAY D: Robert, I've been instructed to reject the numbers you proposed; but we can try to come up with some thing else.R: I hope so, Dan. My instructions are to negotiate hard on this deal - but I'm try very hard to reach some middle ground (互相妥协).D: I understand. We propose a structured deal (阶段式和约). For the first six months, we get a discount of 20%, and the next six months we get 15%.R: Dan, I can't bring those numbers back to my office -- they'll turn it down flat (打回票).D: Then you'll have to think of something better, Robert.Dan上回提议前半年给他们二成折扣,后半年再降为一成半,经Robert推翻后,Dan再三表示让步有限。您知道Robert在这折扣缝隙中游走,如何才能摸出双方都同意的数字呢?他从锦囊里又掏出什么妙计了呢?请看下面分解:R: How about 15% the first six months, and the second six months at 12%, with a guarantee of 3000 units?D: That's a lot to sell, with very low profit margins.R: It's about the best we can do, Dan. (pause) We need to hammer something out (敲定) today. If I go back empty-handed, I may be coming back to you soon to ask for a job. (smiles)D: (smiles) O.K., 17% the first six months, 14% for the second?R: Good. Let's iron out (解决) the remaining details. When do you want to take delivery (取货) ?D: We'd like you to execute the first order by the 31st.R: Let me run through this again: the first shipment for 1500 units, to be delivered in 27 days, by the 31st.D: Right. We couldn't handle much larger shipments.R: Fine. But I'd prefer the first shipment to be 1000 units, the next 2000. The 31st is quite soon - I can't guarantee 1500.D: I can agree to that. Well, if there's nothing else, I think we've settled everything.R: Dan, this deal promises big returns (赚大钱) for both sides. Let's hope it's the beginning of a long and prosperous relationship.
包子熊二
在这一课中,我们要学习如何邀请他人赴晚宴及如何回复邀请。另外,我们还要学习一些在餐馆中会用到的句型及词汇。这段对话的背景是这样的。在洛克夫妇接受了“哈尔及哈迪公司”代表提出的有关外包装颜色议题的建议之后,主人方面决定要好好地庆祝一下。哈维因此向洛克夫妇发出了邀请。Harvey: Now. I have a surprise. We’ve booked the Southern Tower restaurant to celebrate our partnership.哈维: 我要给你们一个惊喜。为了庆祝我们之间的合作伙伴关系,我们预定了南塔餐厅。Harvey: We’d like to invite you to dinner.哈维: 我们邀请二位共进晚餐。Lok: The Southern Tower? We tried to go there but it’s booked out for months.洛克: 您是说南塔餐厅吗?我们曾经想去那里吃饭,但是那家餐厅的位子已经被提前预定出好几个月了。Harvey: Ah yes… but Douglas has a lot of influence in Sydney! We’ve booked a table for 7 o’clock. Caroline and Douglas will be there too.哈维: 是这样啊,但道格拉斯在悉尼可是一个颇具影响力的人物呢。我们预定了今天晚上七点的一张桌子。卡罗琳和道格拉斯也将出席。Lian: How wonderful. We’d love to come.丽安: 这真是太好了。我们很高兴如约前往。Lok: Yes, thank you.洛克: 是啊,谢谢你们了。在这部份对话中,哈维邀请洛克夫妇共进晚餐时使用了一个非常规范的英语说法。他说:Harvey: We’d like to invite you to dinner.哈维: 我们邀请二位共进晚餐。除了这种比较正式的说法之外,我们还可以用以下几种句型来表达同样的意思。Would you like to come to lunch?你愿意一起吃午饭吗?We’d be pleased if you could join us for dinner.如果您可以和我们一起吃晚饭,我们会很高兴。We’ve booked a table. We hope you can join us.我们已经预定了餐馆,希望您能够和我们一起吃饭。现在让我们跟着老师一起来练习这些句子。We’d like to invite you to dinner.Would you like to come to lunch?We’d be pleased if you could join us for dinner.We’ve booked a table. We hope you can join us.受到邀请之后,洛克夫妇也欣然接受了哈维的一番好意。他们说:Lian: How wonderful. We’d love to come.丽安: 这真是太好了。我们很高兴如约前往。Lok: Yes, thank you.洛克: 是啊,谢谢你们了。在接受他人的邀请时,我们还可以这样说:That’s very kind. Thank you.非常感谢您的好意。Yes, I’d be pleased to accept.好啊,我很高兴赴约。How can I resist such a gracious invitation!如此盛情,让我怎能拒绝呢?请跟着老师一起来练习这些句子。We’d love to come.Yes, I’d be pleased to accept.Yes, thank you.How can I resist such a gracious invitation!俗话说,人敬我一尺,我还人一丈。这也从某种角度说明拒绝别人的盛情邀约真的是一件困难的事呢。不过有些时候我们却不得不这样做。那么在回绝他人的邀请时我们应该怎么说呢?That’s very kind of you but I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.非常感谢您的好意,不过我已经有约在先了。I’m sorry, I have to decline. I have family commitments.很抱歉,我无法应邀,因为我家里有些事情。I’m sorry, I won’t be able to make it. I have an important appointment that night.很抱歉我无法赴约。我那个晚上有个重要的约会。Sorry, I can’t, I’m busy that night. But thanks anyway.很抱歉因为我那个晚上实在太忙了,不能应邀前往。不过非常感谢您。不知您是否注意到了一点,那就是在回绝他人的邀请时,出于礼貌最好能够简单地说明原因。好,现在请跟着我们的老师一起来练习。That’s very kind of you but I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.I’m sorry, I have to decline. I have family commitments.I’m sorry, I won’t be able to make it. I have an important appointment that night.Sorry, I can’t, I’m busy that night. But thanks anyway.在这段对话中,哈尔及哈迪公司的工作人员正在南塔餐厅宴请他们的业务伙伴洛克夫妇。请您特别注意接下来这部份对话中出现的生词和短语。Douglas: This is the highest restaurant in the southern hemisphere.道格拉斯: 这家餐馆是南半球最高的餐馆。Lian: What a view. There’s the Opera House. We were thereyesterday.丽安: 风景真好啊。那是悉尼歌剧院,我们昨天去那里参观的。Waiter: Your menus.服务员: 请您过目菜单。Lian: Thank you.丽安: 谢谢。Waiter: Would you like to order drinks now?服务员: 请问您要现在就点酒水吗?Lian: I’ll just have a water to start, thanks.丽安: 请先给我一杯水好吗,谢谢。Douglas: We’ll have a bottle of this champagne please.道格拉斯: 请给我们上一瓶这样的香槟酒。Waiter: Fine. I’ll be back to take your dinner orders.服务员: 好的。我过一会儿再来为您写点菜单。Lian: Oh, there’s so much to choose from. What do you recommend?丽安: 哦,这菜单真是太丰富了。你有什么特色菜肴可以推荐吗?Douglas: Well if you like seafood, the roasted lobster here is delicious.道格拉斯:如果您喜欢海鲜的话,这家餐厅的烤龙虾是非常好吃的。Lok: That sounds good to me.洛克: 听起来很不错。Lian: I’ll have the Peking Duck.丽安: 那我就点北京烤鸭好了。Lok: Where is the Opera House?洛克: 请问悉尼歌剧院在哪个方向呢?Harvey: This is a revolving restaurant, Lok. We’ll see it again soon.哈维: 这是一家旋转餐厅,洛克。我们一会儿还会再看到悉尼歌剧院的。Lok: Oh, marvellous!洛克: 噢,这太好了。对话进行到这里,不知道您是否注意到了,其实在餐馆中用英语点菜时最常用的一个句型就是“’ll have…” 意思是“我要点什么什么菜”。您只要在这个句型的后面加上菜肴的名称就可以了。例如:I’ll have the duck.我要点鸭子。I’ll have the chicken.我要点鸡。I’ll have the beef, thanks.我要点牛肉,谢谢。We’ll have a bottle of white wine, thank you.我们要一瓶白酒,谢谢。好,现在让我们跟着老师一起来练习这些句子。I’ll have the duck.I’ll have the chicken.I’ll have the beef, thanks.We’ll have a bottle of white wine, thank you.如果是初次光顾一家餐厅,我们很有可能不太了解这家餐厅的特色菜肴,这种情况下请服务人员推荐菜谱可以说是一项不错的选择。我们可以这样对服务员说:Lian: Oh, there’s so much to choose from. What do you recommend?丽安: 哦,这菜单真是太丰富了。你有什么特色菜肴可以推荐吗?另外,我们还可以说:What do you suggest?您有什么推荐的吗?What’s good here?你们这里的特色菜是什么?好,请跟着老师一起来练习。What do you recommend?What do you suggest?What’s good here?虽然东西方在文化中存在着一些差异,但是在就餐的礼仪方面却大同小异。例如,不要嘴里含着食物讲话及食不露齿,使用牙签时要用一只手遮住口部等等。此外,如果您想取用自己拿不到的食物时,请不要伸手横跨桌面,因为这是一种不礼貌的行为。您可以这样说,来请同桌的人帮忙。Excuse me, could you pass the sauce?对不起,请您把那个酱料递给我。好,现在让我来总结一下我们在这一课中学过的一些内容。在向他人发出邀请时,我们可以这样说:We’d like to invite you to dinner.Would you like to come to lunch?We’ve booked a table. We hope you can join us.如果您可以接受对方的邀请,我们可以这样回复对方:We’d love to come.Yes, I’d be pleased to accept.如果我们不能接受对方的邀请,您可以用下面这些句子礼貌地回绝邀请:That’s very kind of you but I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.I’m sorry, I have to decline. I have family commitments.I’m sorry, I won’t be able to make it. I have an important appointment that night.Sorry, I can’t, I’m busy that night. But thanks anyway.
liuruojing
A:could you tell me the quotation about these item ?B:yes ,the price of the item we mention yesterday are as follow```````A:any discount we can get?B:sorry about that ,the cost of material about the item is increasing recently ,I really want to make some priority to you , but ,I hope you can understand our situation A:I see,I hope we can get the priority from you in the future, now ,we want 1000pcs of ***,could you pls ship the goods at the end of this month , our client need it urgently .B:I can't one hundred percent sure you ,but I would try my best to catch you expectation. A:tks ,pls kindly send us the PI about order PO***,we need it to make registration.B:yes ,we will send to you asap. A:tks ,I've received the PI B:yes ,I've confirmed it . I hope it can help you ,
李小墨Lena
在电话里也可以向餐厅订餐的常用英语对话,你们了解吗?下面是我给大家整理的餐厅电话订餐的英语对话,供大家参阅!
What kind of drinks do you have?
你们有什么酒?
Do you have Sauternes?
你们有Sauternes白葡萄酒吗?
What is the fastest meal?
快餐是什么?
What can you serve quickly?
什么菜很快就能上的?
Excuse me, waiter. May I order now?
请问服务员,我现在可以点菜吗?
Excuse me, Miss. I'm ready to order.
对不起,小姐,我要点菜。
May I have some sherry to begin with?
我们先来点雪莉酒好吗?
I'll start with green pea soup.
我先来个豌豆汤。
I'd like French onion soup.
我要法式的洋葱汤。
I'll order dessert later.
我等会儿要点甜点。
I'll have ice cream for dessert.
我的甜点要冰淇淋。
I'll have coffee after dinner.
晚餐后我喝咖啡。
I'll have your Breakfast A.
我要你们的A式早餐。
一、点套餐
Please give me this one. 请给我来这个。
We want two number eights, please. 我们要两份第八套餐。
二、随意点餐
May I have a menu, please?我可以看菜单吗?
Could you tell me how this thing is cooked?
能否告诉我这道菜是怎么做的?
Lobster? It is steamed and served with our special sauce.
龙虾?蒸过后加上本店特制的调味料。
Is it good?好吃吗?
Sure. It is a most popular dish.当然,很受欢迎的。
I think I will try some lobster, and give me some green salad together. 我想我来点儿吧。再给我一份蔬菜沙拉。
We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like?
我们有三种沙拉调味汁,您要哪种?
What kind do you have?你们有什么?
We have Italian, French and Thousand Island. 有意大利,法国和千岛的。 Make it French please. 给我法式的吧。
三、如果对当地的菜肴不熟悉,通常先询问:
What is the specialty of the restaurant?这家店的招牌餐是什么? Do you have any special meals today?今天有什么特餐吗?
What would you recommend?I prefer something light.
我想来点清淡些的,你能推荐什么吗?
四、可以让同来的人替你点菜,或者要重复的:
I will leave it to you.我让你来点。
I will have the same as that one.我要一份和那个一样的。
五、如果不急于点菜时,可以这么说:
Can I take your order now?你现在叫点什么吗?
Not quite. Could I have a few more minutes?不,我可以再多等会吗?
餐饮服务业英语口语大全—餐厅常用语
1.What kind of food do you prefer?你喜欢哪一种菜?
2.Do you like Chinese food?你喜欢中国菜吗?
3.What kind of food do you like,Chinese or American?
你喜欢吃什么菜,中式的还是美式的?