• 回答数

    2

  • 浏览数

    310

太白小君
首页 > 英语培训 > 泰戈尔英文短诗

2个回答 默认排序
  • 默认排序
  • 按时间排序

小笼包不怕胖

已采纳

泰戈尔,印度伟大的诗人,它的诗歌语言绮丽优美,格式、韵律整饬完美,更重要的是蕴含在诗歌中的对于生命本体和生命归宿的思考。我整理了关于泰戈尔的英文诗,欢迎阅读!

Songs Offerings

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.

And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh

夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。

秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里.

Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.

世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里.

The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.

It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.

世界对着它的爱人,把它浩翰的面具揭下了。

它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻.

It is the tears of the earth that keep here smiles in bloom.

是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不谢。

The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.

无垠的沙漠热烈追求一叶绿草的爱,她摇摇头笑着飞开了.

If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.

如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。

The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?

她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。

Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.

跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。你肯挟瘸足的泥沙

而俱下么?

Once we dreamt that we were strangers.

We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.

有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。

我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。

Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.

忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如暮色降临在寂静的山林中。

小大人

I AM small because I am a little child. I shall be bigwhen I am as old as my father is.

我人很小,因为我是一个小孩子,到了我像爸爸一样年纪时,便要变大了。

My teacher will come and say, "It is late, bring yourslate and your books."

我的先生要是走来说道:“时候晚了,把你的石板,你的书拿来。”

I shall tell him, "Do you not know I am as big as father? And I must not have lessons anymore."

我便要告诉他道:“你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?我决不再学什么功课了。”

My master will wonder and say, "He can leave his books if he likes, for he is grown up."

我的老师便将惊异地说道:“他读书不读书可以随便,因为他是大人了。”

I shall dress myself and walk to the fair where the crowd is thick.

我将自己穿了衣裳,走到人群拥挤的市场里去。

My uncle will come rushing up to me and say, "You will get lost, my boy; let me carry you."

我的叔叔要是跑过来说道:“你要迷路了,我的孩子,让我领着你罢。”

I shall answer, "Can't you see, uncle, I am as big as father. I must go to the fair alone."

我便要回答道:“你没有看见么,叔叔,我已经同爸爸一样大了?我决定要独自一个人到市场里去。”

Uncle will say, "Yes, he can go wherever he likes, for he is grown up."

叔叔便将说道:“是的,他随便到哪里去都可以,因为他是大人了。”

Mother will come from her bath when I am giving money to my nurse, for I shall know how toopen the box with my key.

当我正拿钱给我保姆时,妈妈便要从浴室中出来,因为我是知道怎样用我的钥匙去开银箱的。

Mother will say, "What are you about, naughty child?"

妈妈要是说道:“你在做什么呀,顽皮的孩子?”

I shall tell her, "Mother, don't you know, I am as big as father, and I must give silver to mynurse."

我便要告诉她道:“妈妈,你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?我必须拿钱给保姆。”

Mother will say to herself, "He can give money to whom he likes, for he is grown up."

妈妈便将自言自语道:“他可以随便把钱给他所喜欢的人,因为他是大人了。”

In the holiday time in October father will come home and, thinking that I am still a baby, willbring for me from the town little shoes and small silken frocks.

当十月里放假的时候,爸爸将要回家,他会以为我还是一个小孩子,为我从城里带了小鞋子和小绸衫来。

I shall say, "Father, give them to my d?d? [elder brother], for I am as big as you are."

我便要说道:“爸爸,把这些东西给哥哥罢,因为我已经同你一样大了。”

Father will think and say, "He can buy his own clothes if he likes, for he is grown up."

爸爸便将想了一想,说道;“他可以随便去买他自己穿的衣裳,因为他是大人了。”

云与波

MOTHER, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me--

妈妈,住在云端的人对我唤道——“我们从醒的时候游戏到白日终止。

"We play from the time we wake till the day ends.

“我们与黄金色的曙光游戏,我们与银白色的月亮游戏。”

We play with the golden dawn, we play with the silver moon.

我问道:“但是,我怎么能够上你那里去呢?”

I ask, "But, how am I to get up to you?" They answer, "Come to the edge of the earth, lift up your hands to the sky, and you will be taken up into the clouds." 他们答道:“你到地球的边上来,举手向天,就可以被接到云端里来了。”

"My mother is waiting for me at home," I say. "How can I leave her and come?"

“我妈妈在家里等我呢,”我说,“我怎么能离开她而来呢?”

Then they smile and float away.

于是他们微笑着浮游而去。

But I know a nicer game than that, mother.

但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏,妈妈。

I shall be the cloud and you the moon.

我做云,你做月亮。

I shall cover you with both my hands, and our house-top will be the blue sky.

我用两只手遮盖你,我们的屋顶就是青碧的天空。

The folk who live in the waves call out to me--

住在波浪上的人对我唤道—— “我们从早晨唱歌到晚上;我们前进又前进地旅行,也不知我们所经过的是什么地方。”

"We sing from morning till night; on and on we travel and know not where we pass."

我问道:“但是,我怎么能加入你们队伍里去呢?”

I ask, "But, how am I to join you?" They tell me, "Come to the edge of the shore and stand with your eyes tight shut, and you will be carried out upon the waves." 他们告诉我说:“来到岸旁,站在那里,紧闭你的两眼,你就被带到波浪上来了。”

I say, "My mother always wants me at home in the evening--how can I leave her and go?"

我说:“傍晚的时候,我妈妈常要我在家里——我怎么能离开她而去呢!”

Then they smile, dance and pass by.

于是他们微笑着,跳舞着奔流过去。

But I know a better game than that.

但是我知道一件比这个更好的游戏。

I will be the waves and you will be a strange shore.

我是波浪,你是陌生的岸。

I shall roll on and on and on, and break upon your lap with laughter.

我奔流而进,进,进,笑哈哈地撞碎在你的膝上。

And no one in the world will know where we both are.

世界上就没有一个人会知道我们俩在什么地方。

泰戈尔英文短诗

125 评论(11)

休普若斯

泰戈尔的诗歌是其浩瀚诗海中一朵清丽的莲花,它以丰富的意象和深厚的内蕴盛开于诗人的世界中。下面是我带来的泰戈尔英文版诗集,欢迎阅读!

I came out alone on my way to my tryst.

我独自去赴幽会。

But who is this that follows me in the silent dark?

是谁在暗寂中跟着我呢?

I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not.

我走开躲他,但是我逃不掉。

He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger; he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.

他昂首阔步,使地上尘土飞扬;我说出的每一个字里,都掺杂着他的喊叫。

He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame; but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.

他就是我的小我,我的主,他恬不知耻;但和他一同到你门前,我却感到羞愧。

He whom I enclose with my name is weeping in this dungeon.

被我用我的名字囚禁起来的那个人,在监牢中哭泣。

I am ever busy building this wall all around;

我每天不停地筑着围墙;当这道围墙高起接天的时候,

and as this wall goes up into the sky day by day I lose sight of my true being in its dark shadow.

我的真我便被高墙的黑影遮断不见了。

I take pride in this great wall, and I plaster it with dust and sand lest a least hole should be left in this name;

我以这道高墙自豪,我用沙土把它抹严,唯恐在这名字上还留着一丝罅隙,

and for all the care I take I lose sight of my true being.

我煞费了苦心,我也看不见了真我。

Obstinate are the trammels, but my heart aches when I try to break them.

罗网是坚韧的,但是要撕破它的时候我又心痛。

Freedom is all I want, but to hope for it I feel ashamed.

我只要自由,为希望自由我却觉得羞愧。

I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee, and that thou art my best friend, but I have not the heart to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room

我确知那无价之宝是在你那里,而且你是我最好的朋友,但我却舍不得清除我满屋的俗物。

The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death; I hate it, yet hug it in love.

我身上披的是尘灰与死亡之衣;我恨它,却又热爱地把它抱紧。

My debts are large, my failures great, my shame secret and heavy; yet when I come to ask for my good, I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted.

我的债务很多,我的失败很大,我的耻辱秘密而又深重;但当我来求福的时候,我又战栗,唯恐我的祈求得了允诺。

Light, oh where is the light? Kindle it with the burning fire of desire!

灯火,灯火在哪里呢?用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上罢!

There is the lamp but never a flicker of a flame---is such thy fate, my heart?

灯在这里,却没有一丝火焰,--这是你的命运吗,我的心呵!

Ah, death were better by far for thee!

你还不如死了好!

Misery knocks at thy door, and her message is that thy lord is wakeful, and he calls thee to the love-tryst through the darkness of night.

悲哀在你门上敲着,她传话说你的主醒着呢,他叫你在夜的黑暗中奔赴爱的约会。

The sky is overcast with clouds and the rain is ceaseless.

云雾遮满天空,雨也不停地下。

I know not what this is that stirs in me---I know not its meaning.

我不知道我心里有什么在动荡,--我不懂得它的意义。

A moment's flash of lightning drags down a deeper gloom on my sight, and my heart gropes for the path to where the music of the night calls me.

一霎的电光,在我的视线上抛下一道更深的黑暗,我的心摸索着寻找那夜的音乐对我呼唤的径路。

Light, oh where is the light!

灯火,灯火在哪里呢?

Kindle it with the burning fire of desire!

用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上罢!

It thunders and the wind rushes screaming through the void.

雷声在响,狂风怒吼着穿过天空。

The night is black as a black stone.

夜像黑岩一般的黑。

Let not the hours pass by in the dark. Kindle the lamp of love with thy life.

不要让时间在黑暗中度过罢。用你的生命把爱的灯点上罢。

He came and sat by my side but I woke not.

他来坐在我的身边,而我没有醒起。

What a cursed sleep it was, O miserable me!

多么可恨的睡眠,唉,不幸的我呵!

He came when the night was still; he had his harp in his hands, and my dreams became resonant with its melodies.

他在静夜中来到;手里拿着琴,我的梦魂和他的音乐起了共鸣。

Alas, why are my nights all thus lost?

唉,为什么每夜就这样地虚度了?

Ah, why do I ever miss his sight whose breath touches my sleep?

呵,他的气息接触了我的睡眠,为什么我总看不见他的面?

178 评论(9)

相关问答