谁来终结广场舞
泰戈尔的诗歌是其浩瀚诗海中一朵清丽的莲花,它以丰富的意象和深厚的内蕴盛开于诗人的世界中。下面是我带来的泰戈尔英文版诗集,欢迎阅读!
I came out alone on my way to my tryst.
我独自去赴幽会。
But who is this that follows me in the silent dark?
是谁在暗寂中跟着我呢?
I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not.
我走开躲他,但是我逃不掉。
He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger; he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.
他昂首阔步,使地上尘土飞扬;我说出的每一个字里,都掺杂着他的喊叫。
He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame; but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.
他就是我的小我,我的主,他恬不知耻;但和他一同到你门前,我却感到羞愧。
He whom I enclose with my name is weeping in this dungeon.
被我用我的名字囚禁起来的那个人,在监牢中哭泣。
I am ever busy building this wall all around;
我每天不停地筑着围墙;当这道围墙高起接天的时候,
and as this wall goes up into the sky day by day I lose sight of my true being in its dark shadow.
我的真我便被高墙的黑影遮断不见了。
I take pride in this great wall, and I plaster it with dust and sand lest a least hole should be left in this name;
我以这道高墙自豪,我用沙土把它抹严,唯恐在这名字上还留着一丝罅隙,
and for all the care I take I lose sight of my true being.
我煞费了苦心,我也看不见了真我。
Obstinate are the trammels, but my heart aches when I try to break them.
罗网是坚韧的,但是要撕破它的时候我又心痛。
Freedom is all I want, but to hope for it I feel ashamed.
我只要自由,为希望自由我却觉得羞愧。
I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee, and that thou art my best friend, but I have not the heart to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room
我确知那无价之宝是在你那里,而且你是我最好的朋友,但我却舍不得清除我满屋的俗物。
The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death; I hate it, yet hug it in love.
我身上披的是尘灰与死亡之衣;我恨它,却又热爱地把它抱紧。
My debts are large, my failures great, my shame secret and heavy; yet when I come to ask for my good, I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted.
我的债务很多,我的失败很大,我的耻辱秘密而又深重;但当我来求福的时候,我又战栗,唯恐我的祈求得了允诺。
Light, oh where is the light? Kindle it with the burning fire of desire!
灯火,灯火在哪里呢?用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上罢!
There is the lamp but never a flicker of a flame---is such thy fate, my heart?
灯在这里,却没有一丝火焰,--这是你的命运吗,我的心呵!
Ah, death were better by far for thee!
你还不如死了好!
Misery knocks at thy door, and her message is that thy lord is wakeful, and he calls thee to the love-tryst through the darkness of night.
悲哀在你门上敲着,她传话说你的主醒着呢,他叫你在夜的黑暗中奔赴爱的约会。
The sky is overcast with clouds and the rain is ceaseless.
云雾遮满天空,雨也不停地下。
I know not what this is that stirs in me---I know not its meaning.
我不知道我心里有什么在动荡,--我不懂得它的意义。
A moment's flash of lightning drags down a deeper gloom on my sight, and my heart gropes for the path to where the music of the night calls me.
一霎的电光,在我的视线上抛下一道更深的黑暗,我的心摸索着寻找那夜的音乐对我呼唤的径路。
Light, oh where is the light!
灯火,灯火在哪里呢?
Kindle it with the burning fire of desire!
用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上罢!
It thunders and the wind rushes screaming through the void.
雷声在响,狂风怒吼着穿过天空。
The night is black as a black stone.
夜像黑岩一般的黑。
Let not the hours pass by in the dark. Kindle the lamp of love with thy life.
不要让时间在黑暗中度过罢。用你的生命把爱的灯点上罢。
He came and sat by my side but I woke not.
他来坐在我的身边,而我没有醒起。
What a cursed sleep it was, O miserable me!
多么可恨的睡眠,唉,不幸的我呵!
He came when the night was still; he had his harp in his hands, and my dreams became resonant with its melodies.
他在静夜中来到;手里拿着琴,我的梦魂和他的音乐起了共鸣。
Alas, why are my nights all thus lost?
唉,为什么每夜就这样地虚度了?
Ah, why do I ever miss his sight whose breath touches my sleep?
呵,他的气息接触了我的睡眠,为什么我总看不见他的面?
小屋美眉
泰戈尔《飞鸟集》Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.And yellow leaves of autumn which have no songs , flutter and fall there with a sign. O troupe of little vagrants of the world,leave your footprints in my wods.The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.It becomes small as one song ,as one kiss of the eternal.It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away .If you shed tears when you miss the sun ,you also miss the stars.The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water.Will you carry the burden of their lameness?Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.Once we dreamt that we were strangers.(未完)夏天的飞鸟,来到我的窗前,歌唱,又飞走了。秋天的落叶,它们没有什么曲子可唱,一声叹息,飘零在地上。世界上一队小小的流浪者啊,在我的字里行间留下你们的足迹吧!世界对着它的爱人,扯下它那庞大的面具。它变小了,小得宛如一首歌,小得宛如一个永恒的吻。大地的泪珠,使她的微笑如鲜花般盛开。广袤的沙漠,狂热追求一叶绿草的爱,但她又笑着摇摇头,飞走了。如果你因错过太阳而哭泣,那么你也会错过群星了。舞动着的流水啊,在你途中的泥沙,正乞求你的歌声,你的舞蹈呢!你是否肯背负跛足的泥沙向前奔腾?她热切的脸,如夜晚的雨水,萦绕在我的梦中。有一次,我们梦见彼此竟是陌生人。常常说美丽的东西美到极致就难以用言语表达了,可是如果你不说,又有多少人能和你一起冥想这世间的美呢?感谢上帝创造了四季,感谢春风,感谢夏雨,感谢落叶,感谢飘雪,感谢世界上一切都灵性的东西,是你们给了我们插了幻想的羽翼,让我们的生活因为你们的存在而光彩。我是一个忧郁的人,时常感觉撒旦就在我的身旁,一不小心就会被他抓走似的。我真的很怕他把我带向地狱。我曾经在无人的地方呐喊,无助的哭泣。懦弱的我啊,就像被抽走了骨架只剩下一副皮囊。我恨自己的忧郁,恨他带走我的快乐。我一路追着我的快乐,想要她回到我的身边,等我追到了,我一定会好好呵护她。任何一个在哭泣的女孩比谁都需要关怀,就像我。感谢世界上还有诗这个好东西,如果没有他,我连发怒都不知向谁发出。看着这些美丽的诗啊,我真想一把抓住他们,好好的品味。真正的好诗能给人力量,给人多一只眼睛,让人们去发现这世间无处不在的美,让人知道活着是多么的幸福。 哭泣的人,快擦干你的泪水,瞧,那美丽的星星正在对你闪耀。 If you shed tears when you miss the sun ,you also miss the stars.We wake up to find that we were dear to each other .Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.Some unseen fingers,like an idle breeze, are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.“what language is thine,o sea?”“The language of eternal question?”“What language is thy answer,o sky?”“The language of eternal silence.”Listen,my heart,to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you!The mestery of creation is like the darkness of night-it is great.Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.醒来时,才发现我们本事亲密无间。忧伤在我心中沉静下来,宛如降临在寂静山林中的夜色。一些看不见的手指,如慵懒的风,在我心上奏着潺潺的乐章。“大海啊,你说的是什么?”“是永恒的质疑。”“天空啊,你回答的是什么?”“是永恒的沉默。”听,我的心啊,听那世界的呢喃,这是它对你爱的召唤!创造的神秘,有如夜的黑暗——它是伟大的,而知识的幻影却如清晨之雾。不要因为峭壁的高耸,而让你的爱情坐在上面。I sit at windown this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment ,nods to me and goes.There little thoughts are the rustle of leaves ;they have their whisper of joy in my mind.What you are you do not see,what you see is your shadow.My wishes are fools,they shout across thy song ,my master.Let me but listen.I cannot choose the best.The best chooses me.They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantem on their back.That I exist is a perpetual surprise ehich is life.“We ,the rustling leaves,have a voice that answers the storms,but who are you so silent?”“I am a mere flowers.”今天早晨,我坐在窗前,世界就如一个过客,稍歇半刻,向我点点头,便走了。这些零碎的思想,是树叶沙沙之声;它们在我的思想,欢快地低语着。你看不见自己,你所见到的只是自己的影子。主啊,我的那些愿望真是傻透了,它们喧闹着穿越你的歌声。只让我聆听吧。我不能选择更好的。是那最好的选择我。那些背着灯的人,他们的影子投到了前面。我的存在,是有个永恒的惊奇,这就是人生。“我们,簌簌的树叶,都应和着暴风雨。而你又是谁,如此沉默?”“我只是一朵花。Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.Man is a born child,his power is the power of growth.God expects answers for the flowers he sends us ,not for the sun and the earth.The light that plays ,like a naked child ,among the green leaves happyily knows not that man can lie.O beauty,find thyself in love ,not in the flattery of thy mirror.My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words,”I love thee.”“moon ,for what do you wait?”“to salute the sun for whom I must make way.”The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.His own mornings are new surprises to god.休憩之于工作,正如眼脸之于眼睛。人是一个处生的孩子,成长是他的力量。上帝期盼着我们的回答,乃是因为他送给了我们花朵,而不是阳光和大地。光明游玩于绿叶丛中,好似一个赤裸的孩子,不知道人是可以撒谎的。美啊。在爱中寻找你自己吧,别到你镜子的恭维里去寻觅。在世界之岸,我的心随着她的涟漪搏动,我用热泪写就了她的名字:“我爱你。““月儿啊,你在等候什么?”“等待太阳的致敬,因为我得给它让路。”绿叶长到了我的窗前,仿佛是无言的大地发出饥渴的声音。上帝感到自己清晨无比新奇。Life find its weath by the claims of the world,and its worth by the claims of love.The dry river_bed finds no thanks for its past.The bird wishes it were a cloud..The cloud wishes it were a bird.The waterfall sings,”I find my song ,when I find my freedom.”I can not tell why this heart languishes in silence.It is for small needs it never asks,or knows or remembers.Woman ,when you move about in your household service yout limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.The sun goes to cross the weastern sea,leaving its last salutation to the East.Do not blame your food because you have mo appetite.The trees,like the longings of the earth,stand a tiptoe to peep at the heaven.世界的需求使生命富裕起来,爱情的需求使之价值连城。干涸的河床,并不感谢它的往昔。鸟儿愿为一朵云,云儿愿为一只鸟。瀑布歌唱着:“我得到自由时,也就有了歌声。”我不懂这心为何静默地忍受煎熬。它是为了那不曾要求,不曾知晓、不曾记得的小小需求。女人,你在料理家务的时候,你的手脚歌唱着,宛如山涧溪流歌唱着从卵石中流过。当太阳横穿西海时,在东方留下他最后的致意。当你没胃口时,不要抱怨食物。绿树仿佛在表示对大地的渴望,踮起脚尖,窥视天空。This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark,but not seen in the day.“You are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf,I am the smaller one on its upper side.”said the dewdrop to the lake.The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.In darknes the one appears as uniform;In the light the one appears as manifold.The great earth makes herself hospitable with the help of the frass whose wider circles move slowly among stars.Power said to the world.”you are mine?The world kept it prisoner in her throne.Love said to the world,”I am thine.”The world gave it the freedom of her house.这渴望是为了那个能在黑夜里感觉得到,而在白天却无法看见的主人。露珠对湖水说道:“你是荷业叶下的大露珠,我是荷叶上的小露珠。”刀鞘在保护刀的锋利时,自己也满足了它的驽钝。黑暗中,“一”是一体的,混沌难分。光明中,“一”便呈现出不同的面貌。大地有了绿色的帮助,而显得自己殷勤好客。绿叶的生死,是旋风急速的飞转,而更广阔的旋转,是繁星之间的缓缓转动。权利对世界说:“你是我的。”世界便把权利囚禁在自己的宝座下。爱情对世界说:“我是你的。”世界便让爱情在自己的屋子里自由出入。The mist is like the earth’s desire.It hides the sun for whom she cries.Be still,my heart,these great trees are prayers.The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the eternal.I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of lifw and love and death and are forgotten, and I feel the freedom of passing away.The sadness of my soul is her bride’s veil.It waits to be lifted in the night.Daath’s stamp gives value to the coin of life;making it possible to buy with life what is truly precious.The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.The morning crowned it with splendour.The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.浓雾好似大地的希翼。她藏起自己哭求的太阳。安静些吧,我的心,这些参天大叔都是祈祷者啊!“刹那”的喧嚣,嘲弄着“永恒”的音乐。我想起了那些漂流在生、爱和死的溪流上的其他时代,它们已被以往,我感到了离开尘世的自由。我灵魂的忧伤是新娘的面纱。等候着在午夜被掀开。死之烙印将价值赋予生之硬币,使其可以用生命来购买那些真正宝贵的东西。白云之谦逊地站在天之一隅。晨光冠之以辉煌。泥土饱受侮辱,却以花朵作为回报。Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.Asks the possible to the impossible.“where is your dwelling place?”“in the dreams of the impotent “comes the answer.If you shut your door to all errors,truth will be shut out.I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart-I cannot see them.Leisure in its activity is work.The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.The leaf becomes flower when it loves.The flower becomes fruit when it worships.蜜蜂在花丛中采蜜,离开时低语道谢。花哨的蝴蝶却相信花儿应当向它致谢。当一不想说出完全的真理时,畅所欲言是轻而易举的。“可能”问“不可能”“你住在哪里?”它回答道:“在无能者的梦境里。”如果你把所有的错误拒之门外,那么真理也会被关在门外。我听见我的忧郁的心后面有东西在沙沙作响——可我看不见它们。富含活力的闲暇就是工作。海水的静止摆动成浪涛。绿叶恋爱时便成了花朵。花儿仰慕时便成了果实。The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.Never be afraid of the moments-thus sings the voice of the everlasting.The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road ,and suddenly ends its search in the nowhere.Take my wine in my owe cup,friend.It loses its wreath of foam ehen poured into that of others.The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the imperfect.God says to man,”I heal you therefore I hut ,love you therefore punish.”Thank the flame for its light,but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.Tiny grass ,you steps are small,but you possess the earth under your tread.The infant flower opens its bud and cries,”dear world ,please do not fade.” 麻雀为孔雀担忧,因为她不得不负担着硕大的羽翎。决不要害怕“刹那”——永恒之声如此歌唱着。飓风在绝望中寻找捷径,又突然地在“无影之国”终止了它的寻觅。快在我怀中饮了我酒吧,朋友。若是倒入别人的杯里,这酒激荡的泡沫便要消失了。“完美”为了对“不完美”示爱,把自己装扮得美丽之极。上帝对人类说:“我治愈你,所以才伤害你;我爱你,所以才惩罚你。”感谢火焰的光明,但是别忘了执灯人,他正坚忍地站在黑暗之中。小草啊,你的足迹虽小,然而你却拥有脚下的土地。小花绽放蓓蕾,高喊着:“亲爱的世界啊,请不要凋零。”By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.The great walks with the small without fear.The middling keeps aloof.The night opens the flowers in wecret and allows the day to get thanks.Power takes as ingratitude the writhing of its victims.When we rejoice in our fullness ,then we can part with our fruits with joy.The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered,”we are thy homesick children,mother,come back to thee from the heaven.”The cobweb pretends to catch dewdrops and catches files.Love!when you come with the burning lamp of pain in your hand,I can see your face and know you as bilss.“the leaned say that your linghts will one day be no more,”said the firefly to the stars.望采纳
钉子生锈了
1你已经使我永生,这样做是你的欢乐。这脆薄的杯儿,你不断地把它倒空,又不断地以新生命来充满。这小小的苇笛,你携带着它逾山越谷,从笛管里吹出永新的音乐。在你双手的不朽的按抚下,我的小小的心,消融在无边快乐之中,发出不可言说的词调。你的无穷的赐予只倾入我小小的手里。时代过去了,你还在倾注,而我的手里还有余量待充满。
2当你命令我歌唱的时候,我的心似乎要因着骄傲而炸裂,我仰望着你的脸,眼泪涌上我的眶里。我生命中一切的凝涩与矛盾融化成一片甜柔的谐音--我的赞颂像一只欢乐的鸟,振翼飞越海洋。 我知道你欢喜我的歌唱。我知道只因为我是个歌者,才能走到你的面前。我用我的歌曲的远伸的翅梢,触到了你的双脚,那是我从来不敢想望触到的。在歌唱中的陶醉,我忘了自己,你本是我的主人,我却称你为朋友。
2.When thou commandest me to sing it seems that my heart would break with pride; and I look to thy face, and tears come to my eyes.All that is harsh and dissonant in my life melts into one sweet harmony---and my adoration spreads wings like a glad bird on its flight across the sea.I know thou takest pleasure in my singing. I know that only as a singer I come before thy presence.I touch by the edge of the far-spreading wing of my song thy feet which I could never aspire to reach.Drunk with the joy of singing I forget myself and call thee friend who art my lord.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3我不知道你怎样地唱,我的主人!我总在惊奇地静听。你的音乐的光辉照亮了世界。你的音乐的气息透彻诸天。你的音乐的圣泉冲过一切阻挡的岩石,向前奔涌。我的心渴望和你合唱,而挣扎不出一点声音。我想说话,但是言语不成歌曲,我叫不出来。呵,你使我的心变成了你的音乐的漫天大网中的俘虏,我的主人!
3.I know not how thou singest, my master! I ever listen in silent amazement.The light of thy music illumines the world. The life breath of thy music runs from sky to sky. The holy stream of thy music breaks through all stony obstacles and rushes on.My heart longs to join in thy song, but vainly struggles for a voice. I would speak, but speech breaks not into song, and I cry out baffled. Ah, thou hast made my heart captive in the endless meshes of thy music, my master!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4我生命的生命,我要保持我的躯体永远纯洁,因为我知道你的生命的摩抚,接触着我的四肢。我要永远从我的思想中屏除虚伪,因为我知道你就是那在我心中燃起理智之火的真理。我要从我心中驱走一切的丑恶,使我的爱开花,因为我知道你在我的心宫深处安设了座位。我要努力在我的行为上表现你,因为我知道是你的威力,给我力量来行动。
4.Life of my life, I shall ever try to keep my body pure, knowing that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.I shall ever try to keep all untruths out from my thoughts, knowing that thou art that truth which has kindled the light of reason in my mind.I shall ever try to drive all evils away from my heart and keep my love in flower, knowing that thou hast thy seat in the inmost shrine of my heart.And it shall be my endeavour to reveal thee in my actions, knowing it is thy power gives me strength to act.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5请容我懈怠一会儿,来坐在你的身旁。我手边的工作等一下子再去完成。不在你的面前,我的心就不知道什么是安逸和休息,我的工作变成了无边的劳役海中的无尽的劳役。今天,炎暑来到我的窗前,轻嘘微语:群蜂在花树的宫廷中尽情弹唱。这正是应该静坐的时光,和你相对,在这静寂和无边的闲暇里唱出生命的献歌。
5.I ask for a moment's indulgence to sit by thy side. The works that I have in hand I will finish afterwards.Away from the sight of thy face my heart knows no rest nor respite, and my work becomes an endless toil in a shoreless sea of toil.Today the summer has come at my window with its sighs and murmurs; and the bees are plying their minstrelsy at the court of the flowering grove.Now it is time to sit quite, face to face with thee, and to sing dedication of live in this silent and overflowing leisure.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6摘下这朵花来,拿了去罢,不要迟延!我怕它会萎谢了,掉在尘土里。它也许配不上你的花冠,但请你采折它,以你手采折的痛苦来给它光宠。我怕在我警觉之先,日光已逝,供献的时间过了。虽然它颜色不深,香气很淡,请仍用这花来礼拜,趁着还有时间,就采折罢。
6.Pluck this little flower and take it, delay not! I fear lest it droop and drop into the dust.I may not find a place in thy garland, but honour it with a touch of pain from thy hand and pluck it. I fear lest the day end before I am aware, and the time of offering go by.Though its colour be not deep and its smell be faint, use this flower in thy service and pluck it while there is time.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7我的歌曲把她的妆饰卸掉。她没有了衣饰的骄奢。妆饰会成为我们合一之玷:它们会横阻在我们之间,它们丁当的声音会掩没了你的细语。我的诗人的虚荣心,在你的容光中羞死。呵,诗圣,我已经拜倒在你的脚前。只让我的生命简单正直像一枝苇笛,让你来吹出音乐。
7.My song has put off her adornments. She has no pride of dress and decoration. Ornaments would mar our union; they would come between thee and me; their jingling would drown thy whispers.My poet's vanity dies in shame before thy sight. O master poet, I have sat down at thy feet. Only let me make my life simple and straight, like a flute of reed for thee to fill with music.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8那穿起王子的衣袍和挂起珠宝项链的孩子,在游戏中他失去了一切的快乐;他的衣服绊着他的步履。为怕衣饰的破裂和污损,他不敢走进世界,甚至于不敢挪动。母亲,这是毫无好处的,如你的华美的约束,使人和大地健康的尘土隔断,把人进入日常生活的盛大集会的权利剥夺去了。
8.The child who is decked with prince's robes and who has jewelled chains round his neck loses all pleasure in his play; his dress hampers him at every step.In fear that it may be frayed, or stained with dust he keeps himself from the world, and is afraid even to move.Mother, it is no gain, thy bondage of finery, if it keeps one shut off from the healthful dust of the earth, if it rob one of the right of entrance to the great fair of common human life.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9呵,傻子,想把自己背在肩上!呵,乞人,来到你自己门口求乞!把你的负担卸在那双能担当一切的手中罢,永远不要惋惜地回顾。你的欲望的气息,会立刻把它接触到的灯火吹灭。它是不圣洁的--不要从它不洁的手中接受礼物。只领受神圣的爱所付予的东西。
9.O Fool, try to carry thyself upon thy own shoulders! O beggar, to come beg at thy own door!Leave all thy burdens on his hands who can bear all, and never look behind in regret.Thy desire at once puts out the light from the lamp it touches with its breath. It is unholy---take not thy gifts through its unclean hands. Accept only what is offered by sacred love.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10这是你的脚凳,你在最贫最贱最失所的人群中歇足。我想向你鞠躬,我的敬礼不能达到你歇足地方的深处--那最贫最贱最失所的人群中。你穿着破敝的衣服,在最贫最贱最失所的人群中行走,骄傲永远不能走近这个地方。你和那最没有朋友的最贫最贱最失所的人们作伴,我的心永远找不到那个地方。
10.Here is thy footstool and there rest thy feet where live the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.When I try to bow to thee, my obeisance cannot reach down to the depth where thy feet rest among the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.Pride can never approach to where thou walkest in the clothes of the humble among the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.My heart can never find its way to where thou keepest company with the companionless among the poorest, the lowliest, and the lost.
扩展资料:
拉宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔(1861年—1941年),印度诗人、文学家、社会活动家、哲学家和印度民族主义者。代表作有《吉檀迦利》、《飞鸟集》、《眼中沙》、《四个人》、《家庭与世界》、《园丁集》、《新月集》、《最后的诗篇》、《戈拉》、《文明的危机》等。
1861年5月7日,拉宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔出生于印度加尔各答一个富有的贵族家庭,13岁即能创作长诗和颂歌体诗集。1878年赴英国留学,1880年回国专门从事文学活动。
1884至1911年担任梵 社秘书,20年代创办国际大学。1913年,他以《吉檀迦利》成为第一位获得诺贝尔文学奖的亚洲人。1941年写作控诉英国殖民统治和相信祖国必将获得独立解放的遗言《文明的危机》。
《吉檀迦利》是印度作家泰戈尔创作的诗集。这部宗教抒情诗集,是一份“奉献给神的祭品”。(不少人以为“吉檀迦利”是奉献之意,其实是献诗之意)泰戈尔向神敬献的歌是“生命之歌”,他以轻快、欢畅的笔调歌唱生命的枯荣、现实生活的欢乐和悲哀,表达了作者对祖国前途的关怀。泰戈尔凭借该作获得1913年诺贝尔文学奖。
参考资料:百度百科-泰戈尔
优质英语培训问答知识库