坚吃不懈1208
CHECK IN (Susan and the tour group she is taking now arrives at the Oriental Hotel where her travel company has reserved several rooms for them) A:Susan B:Receptionist C: Tour Leader A:Excuse me, I am Susan from Beijing Travel Service. We have reserved ten standard rooms for one day before yesterday. B:Just a minute, please. I’ll check the reservation record.(She speaks again after checking the reservation record.) May I see your confirmed fax? A:Yes, here you are. B:We have a record of your reservation here. It is for ten standard room this evening. And you are scheduled to check out tomorrow morning. Is that right? A:Yes, that’s right. Five rooms are for men and five for women. B:May I see the passport of the guests? A:Ok, here you are. A:We have to start early tomorrow morning because of the busy schedule, I’m afraid. C:No problem. At what time should we start? A:At least 8:30. C:Ok. Let’s settle on 8:30. B:Your rooms are 501,502,503,504 and 505 for women, and 601,602,603,604 and 605 for men. Would you please sign your name here? A:Sure. Thank you. By the way, we’d like to require a morning call at 7:00 tomorrow morning. B:So the morning call is at7:00 tomorrow morning. And luggage collects? A:At7:30. We will start early, so please ask the bellmen to take the luggage down to the lobby as quickly as possible. B:I will A:Thank you. B:You are welcome. Whenever you need any help, please do not hesitate to call the Front Desk. The number is 688. C:(Delivering the room keys to the tour members)here are your room keys. Please hand them back to the reception desk tomorrow morning when you check out. C: I’m in Room 601. the telephone numbers are as same as your room numbers. Please call me if you need something. Now Susan will speak to you. A:(To the tour group)Attention please. Since we have very busy schedule tomorrow, we have to start early. Departure for the visit to the Guiyuan Buddhist temple tomorrow is at 8: morning call is required at 7:00. A: the luggage collects at 7: leave your luggage outside your door before 7:30. The breakfast is available from 7:00 at the buffet at the second floor. I will meet you at 8 30 tomorrow 8:30 morning in the lobby. Bye-bye, have a nice night. Showing Places of Interest Silence can be uncomfortable during a tour. While you can't talk the whole time, you should try to know as much about the history, scenery, and culture (in English) for the places where you are giving tours so that you can keep the tourists interested. If you ever run out of something to say, you can always point out something such as a landmark or a type of tree or flower 1 Jake: Good morning, everyone! We will take you to Taipei famous attractions on this tour. Jake: This is a 5-hour tour covering major attractions of Taipei; I will give you brief introductions as we go. Please sit back, relax and enjoy the tour. Gil: Sounds good. 2 Jake: we are at our first stop; this is Taipei National Palace Museum. This Museum holds the largest collection of Chinese artifacts and artwork in the world. Kim:Wow! It’s a very impressive museum! Jake: Our next destination is Taipei 101; it’s the tallest building in the world. And then the Yangmingshan National Park which features cherry blossoms and sulfur deposits. Lee: I would like to see the world’s tallest building. Jake: Now, we are moving on to Danshui; it’s a town with a beautiful riverbank scenery. Gil: I love water scenery. Jake: Next, is the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall (CKS Monument); the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial park is one of the city’s defining landmarks and the largest square in central Taipei. The National Concert Hall and the National Theater are also located in the park near the hall. Jake: Finally, this night markets. There are six major night markets in Taipei, most are within walking distance of subway stations. There are Huaxijie, Yaohe, Gongguan, Shilin, Shida and Tonghua Night Markets. Lee: I’ ve heard about the night markets! It’s where people hang out , shop and eat after sun goes down. Jake: Of the six markets, the most famous and popular in Taipei City is the Shilin Night Market; this is where we will stop for food and shopping. Gill: I’m ready for some food! Kim: I’ m getting hungry, too! Lee: I love shopping; I think I’m going to like the night markets! Jake: Please enjoy your free time, but remember to meet back at the bus in two hours; we will be returning at 2:00 pm. the way to the scenic spot (Susan is taking a tour group to Hubei Provincial Museum. The bus is waiting outside the Asian Hotel) A:Susan Group B:Lady C:Tour A : Are we all here? C:No, not yet. One lady hasn’t come yet. B:(running to get on the bus) Sorry to keep you all waiting for me. A:we can go now, can’t we ? C:Yes,let’s go. A:Welcome to Wuhan City. I’m Susan, your tour guide for this tour. Wuhan is the capital of Hubei Province. A:It is the center of politics, economy, finance and culture of the province. It is also the pivot city concentrating in itself all the facilities and conveniences of aviation, railway, highway, waterway, post and telecommunication. It covers the area of 8,400 square km, and a population...Can you guess the population here? C: 4 million? C:Oh, it’s almost half of the population of my country. A:No. There are more than 7 million people living here. A:We are schedule to visit Hubei Provincial Museum in the morning, and the Guiyuan Buddhist Temple and Changchun Taoist temple in the afternoon. C:What is a Taoist temple? A:Let me introduce Taoism to you first. Taoism is the only religion originated in China. It is based on ancient witch craft and formulas of immortality. Taoists regard Lao Zi as the founder and Supreme God of Taoism. C:Are there many Taoist temples in China? A:Yes. C:I have visited many temples in China, but I had thought they were all Buddhist temples. A:Buddhist temples are different from the Taoist temples. I will show you their differences when we see these two temples. C:Susan, what are those high-rises far away?Are they apartment buildings? A:Yes, they are. They are apartment buildings for city residents. We are going to cross the Changjiang River Bridge. The bridge was built in 1957 with the help of the former Soviet Union. For quite a long time before 1957, ferry was the only modern means of transport for people to cross the river. A: It was slow in speed and, what’s more, it would have to stop working whenever there were big waves or big flood. It is the first combined bridge over the Changjiang River. Its main bridge is 1,156 meters in length, its deck 2 meters in width, and the biggest span section 128 meters in length. A:Its completion thoroughly changed the “worry” situation of what the ancients complained“where to find a passageway in front of the mountains of waves” with this came the opening of the Jing-Guang Line between Beijing and Guangzhou, the great railway artery across China. C:What’s that building with three stories for? A:That’s a medical center with many different hospitals. The long low building with the playground next to it is a children’s hospital. (After about 40 minutes of such sightseeing, the bus stops in front of a large building.) A:This is Hubei Province Museum. You will find many interesting works of art and historical inside. As you leave the bus, I will give you brochures that will tell you about the museum. C:Is it in English? A:Yes. You may keep it as a souvenir. C:Thanks. A:You have one hour to go through the museum. Then we will meet back at the entrance at 11:00. C:It’s one-one? A:Yes. You can leave your bags on the bus, and just bring your valuables.
虫子在睡觉
A:Hi, are you Catherine?
嗨,你就是凯瑟琳吧?
B:Yes, Jason, right? Nice to meet you. Welcome to Taiwan.
是的,你是杰森吧,很高兴见到你,欢迎来到台湾!
A:Thanks, good to meet you, too.
谢谢,我也很高兴见到你。
B:You had a long flight, you must be tired.
坐了这么久的飞机,你一定累了吧!
A:Yes, and the food was horrible!
嗯,而且食物相当难吃!
B:Oh, sorry to hear that. But, don worry! Taiwan has plenty of great things to eat. First, lets get you to the hotel.
喔……难为你了。不过别担心!台湾有很多好东西可以吃。先让我送你到饭店去吧!
A:Great! How will we be getting there?
太好了!我们要怎么去呢?
B:My car is in the parking lot, lets go this way. Let me help you with your bags.
我的车在停车场,我们往这边走。我帮你提行李。
A:Good evening, sir. Are you Mr Jim Stewart from the States?
晚上好,先生,您是美国来的吉姆·史怀特先生吗?
B:Ah, yes, that's right.
是的。
A:Glad to meet you, Mr Stewart. I'm the guide from Pacific Tour Agency. My name is Zhang Hua.
很髙兴见到您,史怀特先生。我是太平洋旅行社的导游,我叫张华。
B:Hello, I was just looking for the guide.
您好,我正在找导游呢!
A:I'm always at your service, sir. By the way, did you have a pleasant trip?
随时为您效劳,先生。对了,一路上还好吗?
B:Not bad. But I've made too many flights these days. I could hardly remember how many take-offs and landings I've been through these three days. I think we all feel a bit tired.
还可以。可是这些天尽乘飞机了,都几乎记不清这三天里我经历了多少次起飞和降落了。我想我们都累了。
A:Well, shall we go to the hotel right now? I've already made a reservation for you.
那我们马上去酒店好吗?我已为您预定了房间。
B:Wonderful. I'm eager to take a sauna as soon as possible.
太好了,我真想尽快洗个桑拿浴。
A:So we must get you to the hotel as soon as possible. I hope to see you refreshed and revitalized tomorrow morning, as we are going to visit the Great Wall.
所以我们必须尽快地送你们到旅馆。希望明天早上你们都精神焕发,充满活力,因为我们明天要去参观长城。
B:I am sure we will. Actually, we are looking forward to seeing the great wonder.
我们一定会的。实际上,我们正盼望着能见到这个伟大的奇迹呢。
A:Come this way, please. The coach is waiting outside.
请这边走,车子正在外面等候。
B:Fine, let's go.
好,走吧!
优质导游证资格证问答知识库